Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Secured

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Secured

@LadyVee wrote:
Well I am not sure because I have had mine 22 months now and it still hasn't unsecured. So I guess it all depends on your scores and your reports overall as to whether it will unsecure or not. I am just waiting it out and hopefully it will unsecure soon.

Oh man that doesn't make me feel good. My one year anniversary for the Discover secured is tomorrow, although my 12th statement won't cut for another week. I'll post back here when I know one way or the other. I'm kinda thinking mine won't unsecure either because my BOA 99/500 secured card hit the one year mark a few weeks ago, and nothing--it's still secured Smiley Sad They even sent me a notice letting me know they are charging me the annual fee. To be fair though, I barely used my BOA card, and I have only generated 3 statements in the past 12 months, so I can't blame them for not unsecuring it. But my Discover I have used regularly and always PIF (except for once I let a small balance carry over). When I got both secured cards my Fico scores were around 650 with 2 baddies showing. Now I have no baddies and my Fico scores are: TU 747, EX 710, EQ 726. I just hope mine unsecures, but I've read so many stories about Discover not unsecuring cards.

Message 11 of 76
Creditdreamer
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@LadyVee wrote:
Well I am not sure because I have had mine 22 months now and it still hasn't unsecured. So I guess it all depends on your scores and your reports overall as to whether it will unsecure or not. I am just waiting it out and hopefully it will unsecure soon.

Oh man that doesn't make me feel good. My one year anniversary for the Discover secured is tomorrow, although my 12th statement won't cut for another week. I'll post back here when I know one way or the other. I'm kinda thinking mine won't unsecure either because my BOA 99/500 secured card hit the one year mark a few weeks ago, and nothing--it's still secured Smiley Sad They even sent me a notice letting me know they are charging me the annual fee. To be fair though, I barely used my BOA card, and I have only generated 3 statements in the past 12 months, so I can't blame them for not unsecuring it. But my Discover I have used regularly and always PIF (except for once I let a small balance carry over). When I got both secured cards my Fico scores were around 650 with 2 baddies showing. Now I have no baddies and my Fico scores are: TU 747, EX 710, EQ 726. I just hope mine unsecures, but I've read so many stories about Discover not unsecuring cards.

Did your card end up graduating? I have had mine for 6 months now and use it a good amount, but my scores are still pretty low (though increasing by 4-10 pts a month).

Starting: EQ 498 TU 501 EX 485 (9/23/11)
As of 5/12: EQ 552 TU 591 EX 572
Credit Repair Journey Bump in the Road
As of 10/15: EQ 511 TU 588 EX 601
Discover TU Fico- 12/31/18: 694; CK EQ- 1/16/19: 634
Goal: All 3 above 700

Message 12 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditdreamer wrote:

Did your card end up graduating? I have had mine for 6 months now and use it a good amount, but my scores are still pretty low (though increasing by 4-10 pts a month).

If you were asking me, then no mine has not graduated yet. My 1 year anniversary from account opening was 5 days ago, and my 12th statement will close tomorrow. I'm hoping it will unsecure shortly after my statement closes, but I'm not holding my breath. I do use it heavily and have since I got the card, so we shall see. I'll report back after my statement closes and let you know the outcome.

Message 13 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Discover secured pull all three CRA?

Message 14 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cromanda wrote:

No. With me they pulled only TU, but I think they use different bureaus depending on the location of the applicant.

Message 15 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what I have been reading that TU is most frequently used

Message 16 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I said I would report back after my 12th statement cut; it cut yesterday and my Discover card is still secured Smiley Sad Oh well, maybe next month.

Message 17 of 76
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I said I would report back after my 12th statement cut; it cut yesterday and my Discover card is still secured Smiley Sad Oh well, maybe next month.

Keep us posted! My card is just now a year old and I am hoping mine graduates very soon too!

Message 18 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CountryLivin wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Keep us posted! My card is just now a year old and I am hoping mine graduates very soon too!

I definitely will. Did your 12th statement cut already?

Message 19 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cromanda wrote:

They pulled Equifax and Experian when I applied June 2015.

Message 20 of 76
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.