Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover and Cap One CLI Data Points

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover and Cap One CLI Data Points

I'm in a similar situation with Cap 1.

I was waiting for the next CLI to combine my cards.

My Plat is stuck at $6k.  I haven't used it in months. and was denied a CLI due to non-use.

The QS has me a bit...not happy.

I always pay large amts on the card (at least 4x the min, if not paying it off), but I noticed that a mailed payment wasn't showing on the due date, so I made the min payment online. The mailed in payment must have been processing, as it posted a bit later, even before the online payment posted.

Now I am getting a deinal on the QS for not paying more than the min.

Since I have to wait at least 3 months to get the QS CLI, I decided to go ahead and use the 0% BT on the Plat.  Hoping that using that card a bit will lead to a CLI, and I can then combine them when paid off.

Message 11 of 16
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hopefully you'll get a letter that said "Oops, we made a mistake... It's been increased by 5k!" Smiley Very Happy

I don't think it's because of the account upgrade. I didn't learn about upgrades until Jan 2015 and ended up bouncing all 3 of my cap one cards at the time with upgrades and it didn't change the VERY strict 6 month CLI shackles they had on me. Maybe not enough spend? My card got declined for a CLI in March (my oldest and last card left). It was due to not using the current credit line. Ended up making about $500 worth of purchases on it and tried again in May and it said "You can have $500 CLI...". Since I was trying to combine my cards I said... Whatever, took the $500 and combined my cards. 

As for Discover, mine is a joint account which requires both me and my wife to call in to get a CLI. You can't do it online Smiley Sad we got a Auto CLI 3 after three months (Aug 2015) but haven't seen any auto luv since. I'm sure once you hit 90 days they'll slide you a few grand... Maybe even a million or two Smiley Wink

(Have you always had that many cards in your sig? You've been busy? Lol!)

That's always a chance... I'm still on the lookout for a notice that there's a new document online waiting for me... LOL! 

Even if the account upgrade is hosing things up, in a couple of months it will be six months since the upgrade, so the wait isn't that long.  This card started out with a credit line of $300 and is now at $3900, so it has already grown quite a bit.  Smiley Happy

As for my signature, I've been busy the last month!  I've got clean credit reports for the first time in 16 years, so I've had things available to me that until now have always been out of reach.  I can safely say I'm done for a while, though!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 16
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't feel bad UncleB, I'm pretty much in the same boat. Discover won't give me an increase without a HP (not happening), but it did just unsecure a few months ago so I'm hoping they'll eventually quit asking for a HP. And with Cap1, I think I've hit max exposure with them, so no more CLIs for me - which is fine because they have given me decent limits.

Thanks for your kind words, my friend!  Smiley Happy

I'm actually not bothered at all... it's OK in either case since I've really got all the credit I need at the moment.  I'm only sharing here for the benefit of others... the community here has given me so much, I always try to give back in any way I can.  My hope is that the data points might prove useful to someone else.

That being said I'll continue to give updates if anything changes!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 16
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@RM21 wrote:
Hopefully things will break through at some point UncleB. Who knows, in another month or so, the results will differ.

Thanks, RM!

If that does happen, you guys will be the first to know!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 14 of 16
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm kind of in the same situation also.  Cap One is stuck on both cards.  Just generic answer because they can't say anthing else.  I hit Discover on Friday and got the same message.  It isn't quie 90 days yet.  So I will try again.  They do keep saying they cannot give me an increase now but in the future they can?  So what the heck does that mean?  I just want higher limits and less cards.  Smiley Indifferent

I hear ya, Sandi... that might be what's happened to me as well.

On a similar note, just for giggles I checked the Capital One prequal just now and my QS/Venture prequals have returned.  I did a thread several weeks ago about how my file is now clean yet my Capital One prequal had reverted back to only offering a high-APR 'Platinum' or a QS1 (until then I've had offers for QS and Venture for over a year).  It's always odd how they seem to be stingy (at times) with the CLIs yet they will offer you new cards along with the requisite sign-up bonuses.

Note that I'm not taking the bait, I only mention it here since I find it ironic... LOL.  Smiley LOL

Message 15 of 16
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm in a similar situation with Cap 1.

I was waiting for the next CLI to combine my cards.

My Plat is stuck at $6k.  I haven't used it in months. and was denied a CLI due to non-use.

The QS has me a bit...not happy.

I always pay large amts on the card (at least 4x the min, if not paying it off), but I noticed that a mailed payment wasn't showing on the due date, so I made the min payment online. The mailed in payment must have been processing, as it posted a bit later, even before the online payment posted.

Now I am getting a deinal on the QS for not paying more than the min.

Since I have to wait at least 3 months to get the QS CLI, I decided to go ahead and use the 0% BT on the Plat.  Hoping that using that card a bit will lead to a CLI, and I can then combine them when paid off.

They are definitely weird... Smiley Frustrated

Back in April I did a BT  of $2180 to the QS MasterCard (the one this thread is about) and a few weeks later I paid it back in full.  Being that the entire credit line is only $3900 I would think this would be considered decent usage.

Just now I logged into my account to see if there was a notice there, and there (finally) is.  (I guess the email notification of a notice is lagging behind).

Here's the reason for my Capital One MC CLI denial:

• Recent use of this account's existing credit line has been too low

spock.gif

At least it's nothing negative... LOL.  If they stick to their guns on this reason the account will probably not get another CLI (without merging another card into it) because I have other cards with more lucrative rewards.  That's OK... at least now I know where I stand with this one.

My QS Visa card has had a little more usage than this card, so when it's eligible for a CLI on the 28th it might (?) stand a better chance.  Ironically the MC that was just denied has had more usage if you count the BT, but if you only consider swipes the Visa has seen more action.  We'll know in a little over three weeks.  Smiley Happy

I'm going to give Discover another go once my 90 days since the last CLI is up... if they offer to do a HP I'll probably say no, but otherwise there's no harm.

I'm not in 'need' on either card, but it gives me something to do while gardening, and it allows me to share data points here with the community.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.