Discover blacklist

tag
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover blacklist

@mattmyFIC0 wrote:

@sjt wrote:

@mattmyFIC0 wrote:

I had a discover business card charge off in 2009 and I paid it off completely. They still use that as the reason to deny me. 8 times in the last 3 years. 

Whats more irritating is them sending me preapproved mailers every week...

Have you reconned them?

Yes, they won’t budge. 

For data points. What was your score and was the Discover C/O on your report? Also, did they acknowledge you paid them back in full.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 11 of 17
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

@sjt wrote:

@mattmyFIC0 wrote:

@sjt wrote:

@mattmyFIC0 wrote:

I had a discover business card charge off in 2009 and I paid it off completely. They still use that as the reason to deny me. 8 times in the last 3 years. 

Whats more irritating is them sending me preapproved mailers every week...

Have you reconned them?

Yes, they won’t budge. 

For data points. What was your score and was the Discover C/O on your report? Also, did they acknowledge you paid them back in full.

They pull EQ for me, 720+ each time. It never showed as charged off just as transferred. They sent it to a 3rd party that I payed off. Yes, they can see it in their system that it’s PIF. 

Scores 01/04/2017: EQ 719, TU 750, EX 716
Goal scores: 740 across the board
Message 12 of 17
skorpyo3
Frequent Contributor

Hi. Did you apply for unsecured and then counter offered? I also included them in my 2012 BK. Been wanting to get back in.
|EQ 698|TU 674|EX 665| BK discharged 11/2012

[Amex PRG No PSL] [Cap 1 QS Visa Sig $50,000] [Barclaycard CashForward WMC $25,000] [Patelco CU MC $20,000] [BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $15,000] [Amex BCE $13,000] [Discover It Cashback $13,500] [US Bank Cash + Visa Sig $10,000][US Bank Platinum Visa $8,400] [Penfed Power Cash Rewards Visa Sig $10,000] [USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex $15,000] [Citi AAdvantage WMC $5,000] [Macy's Amex $7,500] [JCP $6,500] [Amazon Prime $6,000] [Target $2,000]
Message 13 of 17
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

@skorpyo3 wrote:
Hi. Did you apply for unsecured and then counter offered? I also included them in my 2012 BK. Been wanting to get back in.

They even denied me for a secured card LOL!!

Scores 01/04/2017: EQ 719, TU 750, EX 716
Goal scores: 740 across the board
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went on their site and did the pre-qualify and was instantly approved for the discover it, chrome and miles. I took the miles and was approved with a SL of 10k. It would never show me pre-qualified when I checked before.

This is the first time I've been able to get back in with them since my bankruptcy that was discharged in 2003. I did pay them back through bankruptcy though.
Message 15 of 17
MJ-san
Frequent Contributor

Another data point to add. Husband BK'd in 2010 and got a mailed "prescreened" offer. Did the online pre-qual and it came back with a LOWER rate than he was shown in the mailer (13.49 vs 14.49) and he accepted. Had to to a quick text chat w/agent, but they approved him for 13.5k. Maybe because he was an authorized user on my account? 

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got in over my head with credit cards about 16 years agoAt the time there were all kinds of ads for credit counseling, so I decided that would be a good idea.  And it would have been, had the company that I went through not been a scam.  I lost thousands of dollars and my credit score tanked.  I had a Discover at the time, and this company allowed it to completely charge off after I had sent in a cease and dissist letter to them forbidding them to contact me.  I didn't actually even find out the extent of the damage for a few years.  I applied a few months ago for a Discover and was finally approved.  I had applied about a year ago as well, but my utilization was much higher at that time and I was denied.  They won't blacklist forever, but they will be extremely picky about extending future credit, at least in my experience.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.