Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover card limit recent change

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover card limit recent change

I called discover and asked how many discover cards an account holder can have and was told 4 by the first rep and 3 by the second rep. Second rep said this was a recent change. Anyone else heard this?
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Discover card limit recent change

On the Jan 3rd I called and the csr told me 2 cards. lol!
My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought it was 2 as well? Maybe someone can clarify lol. 

Edit: Google says 2. 

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

So three different answers from three different reps so far 🙄 Any volunteers to burn up the disco phone lines and see what other reps are saying would be greatly appreciated!
Message 4 of 16
hawkins
Frequent Contributor

Not entirely sure what a person would do with 4 Discover cards LOL. But why not there is a first for everything.

Message 5 of 16
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Sounds like CST is due.
My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 6 of 16
Ardecko
Frequent Contributor

@hawkins wrote:

Not entirely sure what a person would do with 4 Discover cards LOL. But why not there is a first for everything.

The $1500/quarter 5% rewards limit is per card. This would let you hit that several times.

Also, Cash Back Match is not "once in a lifetime".

2017-09-09 FICO 08: EQ 677, TU 640, EX 705
2020-02-07 FICO 08: TU 789
2020-02-10 FICO 08: EX 752

Gardening, mostly, again until... soon(I need to replace my car)

Message 7 of 16
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
So three different answers from three different reps so far 🙄 Any volunteers to burn up the disco phone lines and see what other reps are saying would be greatly appreciated!

I would go for 2 to be safe, no matter how many CSRs give the same other answer!    I was burned when I had the IT Miles for about 6 months and was considering getting the IT.   While the consensus here and elsewhere was you need to have one card for  a year before getting another, at least two reps told me that there was now no such policy.    So I applied and of couse got rejected because "cardholder has had card for less than a year" type stuff.

Message 8 of 16
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Ardecko wrote:

@hawkins wrote:

The $1500/quarter 5% rewards limit is per card. This would let you hit that several times.

Also, Cash Back Match is not "once in a lifetime".

Plus one can be IT Miles

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a little break so more on my story:
I called because I wanted the balance transfer card they have. I told the first rep i wanted the bt card but already have two it cards. I asked if I could transfer the limit of one of my it cards to the other to cancel one then apply for the bt card at which time he said I could have up to 4 cards. I asked when this changed and he said recently. He also said I couldn’t transfer the credit limit to my other card. I told him I read online if a credit limit increase was available on one card I could transfer the limits and asked him to confirm. That’s when he transferred me to a second rep who told me yes that could happen but I didn’t have to close a card because now I could have up to three accounts. I told him the last rep said four. He apologized and said it’s actually three now. I applied and was denied so I’m not sure if it’s because this is crack info or disco just didn’t want to give me another card right now .. ok back to work
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.