Re: Discover cli issue past 6 months

Damian--Where is the cli button on the app? Cant find it

Message 21 of 26
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Damian--Where is the cli button on the app? Cant find it

I'm not DamianV, but hopefully I can answer your question!  There is an Increase button next to your credit line.  You may need the newest version of the app to see it:

Message 22 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, thank you..Had to delete that app and get latest version.

Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
In a draught not good to turn down waterSmiley Wink

Judging by the look of your seedling, you need some water and fertilizers Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Food for thought: my original Discover did not and won't budge past 2k. Appd for 2nd card approved for 5k. I think your status will always be dependent on your original criteria when applying. No matter what bank. Fresh app may be the answer.
Message 25 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Food for thought: my original Discover did not and won't budge past 2k. Appd for 2nd card approved for 5k. I think your status will always be dependent on your original criteria when applying. No matter what bank. Fresh app may be the answer.

While this may be true of some creditors (Capital One is the first the comes to mind for me) I don't believe it to be true of all of them and I personally wouldn't put Discover into that group.  There are examples out there of people starting with a secured Discover card that took their $500 SL to an unsecured card with a 5-figure limit over time as their profile/score strengthened significantly.  While original criteria may be an impactful factor, it definitely isn't the constraint in all cases and/or with all creditors.

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.