Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discover decline and again through EO

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@Saleen099 wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

Sorry for the denial again CA, that stinks. There is no rhyme or reason to any creditor, and I'm surprised that I got it and you didn't! It took me 5 tries though lol!! I think the computer sees what it wants , and at least you weren't declined for bk. Smiley Sad  watch... You'll get a preapproval in the mail , lol. They pulled EQ for me with 80+ inquires at the time lol!!

80+ MMmmmmm

yep..Max on inqiures on EQ i think is around 86, and I was at max at one point, and still getting approvals left and right, granted 98% on those were store cards.  I think some fell off, and Ill have like 20+ fall off by end of year.  When you have as many as I did, they dont really effect you anymore, LOL

Too many = Too few. It's too bad they don't just reset to 0 once you cross the max. LOL

Experian has no max. Smiley Indifferent

Hey Nixon noticed your EXP score drop.. Did a nasty re-appear?  Or just the inquiries and new accounts?  Sorry a bit off subject, but noticed that the other day it got hit..  Fearing my two new accounts showing up aready on how EXP will respond.. It might raise my score or lower it.. Who knows

As stated earlier no one will be touching my EX/EQ this year till some stuff ages and or falls off not worth them being on my report for 2 years being inquires!  People can have TU or nothingSmiley Happy

A medical baddie from 6 1/2yrs ago appeared.....New collection. OLD account. Those vultures must have seen all my recent successes and figured they could get a dime from me. I already checked them out and they do not PFD, so they can shove off. Smiley Happy

Oh boy!  I remember a thread somewhere where I think you mentioned it.  Did you notice this nasty surprise reappear when you were hamming it up in Vegas?  Did it reset the date or will this fall off in say a few years?

Message 31 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was never on my reports until NOW!

I noticed it the day we were leaving for Vegas.
Message 32 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

It falls off in January because DOFD was Jan 2009.
Message 33 of 60
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Ya hate junk debt buyers.. Probaby paid 10 dollars if even that for the stupid thing and wants 100x that or something dumb...  They are the scums of the earth.  I gurantee they will try to hit your TU.. I had a few that I got removed that all of a sudden saw my new credit wealth about 3 months back and before they were reinserted they actually reached out to me and just took care of them right there...  A risk of obtaining new credit as it alerts old debtors unfortunately.. Risk and reward game.  I just hope no one else is after my blood from the smell of my new credit lol.  Although I do plan on paying off Cavalary for an old HSBC just so I don't have to worry about them as they are on all my reports and put a KD each month on them all so wont hurt my score and I know they will do a judgement against me one day if they are bothering doing KD's each month.. So mise well settle the 2700 for 1700 or whatever and be done with them so it doesn't hurt me worse in the future...  Only one I am scared about persay.  I know they won't PFD, but it is what it is.  Scores can still top 700 with them on as they are reporting regardless just to hold my scores down and be arses..  Squeaky wheel gets the grease I guess analogy and they are defffinetly the most vocal

Message 34 of 60
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Ouch!  Ok, so I just caught up on some reading.  Soooo, it falls off in January (or possibly earlier) - that's only 8 months away (give or take).  Don't apply for anything for a while!

Message 35 of 60
12njoy
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ouch!  Ok, so I just caught up on some reading.  Soooo, it falls off in January (or possibly earlier) - that's only 8 months away (give or take).  Don't apply for anything for a while!

Finstar, now that I'm back, have you found anything else for me Smiley Wink

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 36 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was planning on gardening anyway so it works out.. Ill call EX up in Nov and see if they will delete it. EQ wont do Jack Sh......ih tzu for me.
Message 37 of 60
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@12njoy wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Finstar, now that I'm back, have you found anything else for me Smiley Wink

Well, I just did PenFed over the weekend.  Have you tried them?  If you like NASA, you'll love PenFed.  Also, I just read your other thread where WF has been recently rolling out the red carpet for ya... what's up with that? Smiley Wink

How do you like Barclays?  They have the Bank Of Hawaii AMEX (Nice BT offer + decent rewards - which includes a $100 sign up bonus)

https://www.boh.com/personal/banking-products/credit-cards/bank-of-hawaii-american-express-card-mybankoh-rewards.asp#.VUA4uZM0_TB

Let's see... what's not in your list... oh, how about UNFCU?  Decent sized SLs and EMV:

https://www.unfcu.org/directory.aspx?id=2008

Message 38 of 60
ddemari
Super Contributor

TU is golden about removing and fast too.
Message 39 of 60
ddemari
Super Contributor

I was declined by discover several times and when my EQ score boosted up to 679 i thought ok maybe a 500 credit line, get my foot in the door. I even had 500 to put down on a secured card. Flat out denial. Emailed EO and a nice guy called and said sorry nothing we can do. Not even a secured card? Sorry sir we have certain credit requirements. This after seeing someone with a bankruptcy and lower EQ approved. To each their own.
Message 40 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.