Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover denial - again

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover denial - again

Has anyone ever gotten in with Discover with a bunch of inquiries? Rejection from prequal citing too many recent inquiries for a few months now. Haven't done any HPs for 8 months, one day they'll age off & I'll probably be good with Discover but wow they are hard to get a foot in the door. 
Currently at 643, should go up to 660+ once all accounts update current (unreported) util. @ under 8%. 
Does Discover ever recon through a back door #?

6 REPLIES 6
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover denial - again

@Anonymous, LOL, join the club, my scores are just a hair above yours and I too ran into the same issue with Discover; to make it worse, last fall they sent me a Pre-Approved mailer and I took the bait and was denied for that as well, and to add insult to injury, that came along with a Hard Pull.  Last month I decided to change tack and applied for a PenFed credit card, approved for $6,000!  With that card in hand, I have the requisite three cards and I no longer need/want/desire anything from Discover and will probably never apply for a card from them again, ever.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm pulling a pre-qualed Disco 22.99% offer with 15 inquiries and 13 accounts in the last year. EX 696 with one card maxed out 100% at 5K balance.

They're known to not be too sensitive to velocity but it seems your profile may be dirty or something. 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

They only ever cite too many recent inquiries... :/ 

thanks for the info Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks Smiley Happy does penn fed offer prequal? Trying to avoid any more HPs... I'll go Google Smiley Happy 

Message 5 of 7
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Penfed does not offer pre-quals/approvals for their CC's only a few lenders do such as Cap1 for their sub-prime cards, discover and a few others mainly in the sub-prime space although Chase might as well still, but with current scores probably would be a no go with chase.  Keep working on getting scores up and working on your baddies.  With CV-19 and the downturn in the econmy alot of prequals went away

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank-you for the info Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.