Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover denial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover denial

I was denied for a Discover It card with a 687 eq score Smiley Sad  Apparently, a few medical collections was on my report. My Experian score is 658. Any cc companies I should apply for that uses Experian only? I have absolutely nothing reporting on my Experian report. My tu is low at 582. I have a CapOne Plat that hasn't reported yet. Should I wait an garden this card for a few months before apping for another card?

7 REPLIES 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover denial

Sorry for the denial. With your TU already low, the Experian score is better, but in a dicey approval range. My first thought is to grow your scores and that card a bit more. Another HP and possible denial is not what you need right now. I'd try to get that Exp up to around at least 670+. Not sure what is holding your TU back.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.  I have medical collections on both TU and EQ. Experian verified that they were paid by the insurance co and deleted them. My EQ is higher bc I have a car loan & cc ($1000) no lates ever but they only report to EQ only. Bummer!  I will garden my Cap One  $300 sl but I just pc'd to QS rewards with no annual fee. I plan to try for cli later this month after heavy use and pif 2-3 times a month. I will garden until I can get a walmart card. I appreciate you taking the time to respond! 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover pulls TU in my area (FL).  That could be why.  Sorry to hear.  

Message 4 of 8
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

They denied me at 730, they lost my business for now, maybe in the future I'll try again.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry OP... Discover usually pull TU as fas as I know. 

Message 6 of 8
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

You could have a 750 FICO and discover could deny you.. They are a weird card company so move on for now..  Might be able to get an Amex or Chase with those scores.. Have you tried the prequal tool for either of those two card companies?  Borderline with Amex, but possible and Chase lets 640 and up in if pre-qualified

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry OP. Agree with growing your Cap One. You should receive a letter with denial reason and bureau score pulled. If you have CCT it would indicate the HP as well.

In my state Discover pulls EQ & EX, but uses TU for CLI's.

Hang in there! Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.