cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover fimaly show now love today no increase for me.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover fimaly show now love today no increase for me.

@firefox100 wrote:

Hi again Discover is changes I called Discover today to ask for an credit line increase, the last aincrease was three months ago from 25.5k to 27k. My total cl is 136.5k total balance on all cards are 2.1k and fico score are around 800. The answer I got from Discover Recon line was that I have not use enough of my credit line in the last year, I think I hit max credit line for Discover card. Should I call back and talk to Recon line and see if I can talk my way into an increase?

Waste of a phone call. Discover wants to see usage. You are using less than 2% of your total credit limits and are thus an unprofitable customer. 

Message 21 of 24
firefox100
Valued Contributor

changing creit card co are cuting back.

Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@firefox100 wrote:

changing creit card co are cuting back.

Yeah they are definitely all tightening up their lending standards. 

I think we will continue to see tightening now that the last of the Great Recession BKs are falling off credit reports. 

Message 23 of 24
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Hi again, Up to now any time that I have ask Discover credit line increase thay have given me an increase. In the first year I put about 30K on card then in next 2 years put less then 150 month on card. Started with credit line of 9k over last 3 years went 27k with no problem.tightening up in front of next slow down. Just because things have drop off cr's in last 6 to 10 years doesn't mean that credit card co don't know if you had problems. How new your accounts are and your age and figure out if you had problem in past and with banks buying out other credit card companies like bank America buying MbNA and also Cap One takeing over Walmart cards it is hard to hide from bad credit past.

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.