cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover in mail pre-approval

tag
tbattles12

Discover in mail pre-approval

I received a pre approval from discover in the mail about 3 months ago (I should’ve done it then Smiley Sad ). It expires on the 23rd of September , since then my credit score has dropped, I was hoping to improve it to get a better limit but I had a card close due to non use and my balances have increased. Anybody ever had one of these paper approvals? Does anyone know it I can use it after the expiration date? TIA
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
CCrew
Regular Contributor

Re: Discover in mail pre-approval

Is it a "Pre-approval" or  "Pre-selected"? If an approval should give you a fixed interest rate. If Pre-Selected it's just a normal mail offer and should have a range of interest rates. Have you gone to their pre-qualify site?

Message 2 of 7
tbattles12

It has a fixed interest rate (it says your apr will be 24.49%). I’ve gone to the website in the past snd would always get a range of rates, then I got the pre approval in the mail with a fixed interest rate. I’m not sure of the difference between pre approval and pre selected
Message 3 of 7
tbattles12

Ok I get what you’re saying it’s a pre approval and has an invitation number
Message 4 of 7
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

Disco tends to be reliable. I would hesitate to apply since your profile isn't as good as it was before. Perhaps you can sign up for the free Discover Scorecard. It allows them to monitor your profile and they will send you targeted offers. That's how I got my card. Best wishes.

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 5 of 7
601flyguy
Established Contributor

I would wait, they'll mail another

2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 6 of 7
MartyWrite75
Valued Contributor

I would either wait until they send another one, or I would go to the pre-qualify site and see if there's something available. 

April 2024: Experian 772; Equifax 779; Transunion 781

Cards I Have:
Cap One QS: $600 (Sock drawer) || Cap One QS (#2): $6,200 (Sock drawer) || Discover It: $11,400 || Cap One Walmart: $600 (Sock drawer) || AMEX BCP: $8,900 || Amazon Prime Store Card: $10,000 || FNBO Rewards Visa: $2,600 || Discover Cash Back: $5,500 || Citi Custom Cash: $9,500 || Verizon VS Visa: $10,000 || Amex Hilton Honors: $10,000 || Amazon (Chase) Prime Rewards (VS): $9,500

Wishlist Cards:
Paypal Mastercard || Bread Mastercard

Gardening to 10/2024(ideally)
Total Utilization: 11%
Inquiries: Exp: (1) Trans: (0) Equif: (0)

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.