Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover it Miles Denial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover it Miles Denial

I applied for the Miles card since they are offering double miles for the first year.  I have had the Discover it for a year and a half.  I was denied based on too many inquiries and "ratio of satisfactory trades to total trades is too low." I'm not sure exactly what they mean by that but all of my accounts have 100% payment record.  I'm wondering if I should try and recoon or wait a while and app again. They cited a FICO score of 721 on the denial.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover it Miles Denial

Interesting. Maybe call in and recon just to try and get a better understanding, plus they may change their decision. You never know.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 4
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Hhhmmmm, I would call in and talk to them....you have nothing to lose.

Message 3 of 4
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for the Miles card since they are offering double miles for the first year.  I have had the Discover it for a year and a half.  I was denied based on too many inquiries and "ratio of satisfactory trades to total trades is too low." I'm not sure exactly what they mean by that but all of my accounts have 100% payment record.  I'm wondering if I should try and recoon or wait a while and app again. They cited a FICO score of 721 on the denial.

Discover is really not big on recons. Generally, the computer's decision will stand. That's not to say you can't call and plead your case; I'm just advising you to keep your expectations low. There's few reports of them overturning anything.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.