Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover it and PayPal MasterCard

tag
Beast26
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover it and PayPal MasterCard

Ok sounds good I think I will go with the Miles.  I got some car repairs to do and I think that one will net me more money back in the first year especially with my avg monthly spend being around $1400.  

Why ain't the Miles talked about as much?  3% flat rate for a card with no fee for a year is really good.

Revolving history: 2 years 4months across the board
AAoA:
TU: 5yrs 10months
EX: 2yrs 2 months
EQ: ~5yrs 6 months
Inquiries: Ex: 1/12. EQ: 1/12 Tu: 1/12
As of 10-5-2020

Quicksilver $3,000
Discover It Miles $17,500
Chase Freedom Flex $4,400
Amazon Prime Store Card $6,000
Walmart MC $2,500
Wells Fargo Active Cash $8,000
Citi Custom Cash $8,400
Verizon Visa $20,000
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Beast26 wrote:

Ok sounds good I think I will go with the Miles.  I got some car repairs to do and I think that one will net me more money back in the first year especially with my avg monthly spend being around $1400.  

Why ain't the Miles talked about as much?  3% flat rate for a card with no fee for a year is really good.

Probably because people don't see a large enough difference between their 2% cards and a card that's only 3% for a year to justify the app and they specifically find spend to fit the categories like earning 10% on Amazon that make the regular IT work for them. 

If you ask someone with a Miles for a referral code, you can get $100 for getting it. That's actually what pushed me over the edge and had me get mine. I didn't use it very much. I think I am on track to get like $25 when my match is up next month but I still got that $100 so not really a waste. 

Message 12 of 18
Beast26
Frequent Contributor

Do you have a referral code.  Do you get a bonus for referring someone?  Either way I would like to use yours if you do.

I think what will make it work for me is I don't have a flat 2% rate card yet so I think I will get the miles for a year for the match, then get the US Bank Cash+ and PNC Cash rewards to get the bonus from those 2 cards.  Then I will apply for my second miles card for another 3% for a year.  After that I will get a flat 2% rate card.  

AAoA:
As of 10-5-2020

Quicksilver $3,000
Walmart MC $2,500
Citi Custom Cash $8,400
Verizon Visa $20,000
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Beast26 wrote:

Do you have a referral code.  Do you get a bonus for referring someone?  Either way I would like to use yours if you do.

I think what will make it work for me is I don't have a flat 2% rate card yet so I think I will get the miles for a year for the match, then get the US Bank Cash+ and PNC Cash rewards to get the bonus from those 2 cards.  Then I will apply for my second miles card for another 3% for a year.  After that I will get a flat 2% rate card.  

Forum rules won't let us post referral links but you can usually find the $100 codes on DoC. Smiley Happy

Sounds like a great plan. I really like Discover. I reached out yesterday to ask for a 0% period and got it for another 12 months on my IT card, no hassle. 

Message 14 of 18
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Beast26 wrote:

Forum rules won't let us post referral links but you can usually find the $100 codes on DoC. Smiley Happy

Sounds like a great plan. I really like Discover. I reached out yesterday to ask for a 0% period and got it for another 12 months on my IT card, no hassle. 

Disco is really good about that!  .. I need to ask on it #2

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Beast26 wrote:

Disco is really good about that!  .. I need to ask on it #2

Yeah I was gonna wait until December when my Citi 0% ended but I wanted to make some purchases while the PayPal 5% was ongoing.  

I mean the 0% offers on an existing card is huge! No CUs even go that far unless it's for BTs. 

Message 16 of 18
Beast26
Frequent Contributor

After the match is up for both cards and I PC it to the 5% can I combine the limits on the cards and just have one with a big limit?

AAoA:
As of 10-5-2020

Quicksilver $3,000
Walmart MC $2,500
Citi Custom Cash $8,400
Verizon Visa $20,000
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Beast26 wrote:

After the match is up for both cards and I PC it to the 5% can I combine the limits on the cards and just have one with a big limit?

You can if you have a CLI available on the card you want to move the limit to. Basically check the website and see if it offers you a CLI on that card, cancel out of it, and then call and they will be able to do it (and most of the time you'll get the CLI at that time too). 

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.