Did you mean: 

Discover "pre-approved" portal

tag
Zoostation1
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover "pre-approved" portal

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@Zoostation1 wrote:

I don't plan to open a second Discover card but just for curiosity, are there any acceptable ways (ie pay stubs etc) to prove income if your submit the tax transcripts but they aren't reflective of your current salary?

I don't think so, no. For a brief period when IRS was shut down due to COVID, bank statements could be substituted, but that ship has sailed AFAIK.

Seems like there could be some trouble for ppl that stated income based on a recent raise (or new higher paying employer) if asked for a tax transcript and there's nothing else acceptable to send in addition to verify the income level.

Rebuild Started Nov 2021
June 2022 FICO 8:
June 2022 FICO 9:
April 2024 FICO 8:
April 2024 FICO 9:
Message 11 of 12
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Discover "pre-approved" portal

@Zoostation1 wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@Zoostation1 wrote:

I don't plan to open a second Discover card but just for curiosity, are there any acceptable ways (ie pay stubs etc) to prove income if your submit the tax transcripts but they aren't reflective of your current salary?

I don't think so, no. For a brief period when IRS was shut down due to COVID, bank statements could be substituted, but that ship has sailed AFAIK.

Seems like there could be some trouble for ppl that stated income based on a recent raise (or new higher paying employer) if asked for a tax transcript and there's nothing else acceptable to send in addition to verify the income level.

Yup, that's the issue sometimes.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.