Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover unOfficial Data Points

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Discover unOfficial Data Points

Silver is the Chrome It. Its not available for the regular It.
Message 1771 of 1,821
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

I logged into my Discover It account this morning an noticed a promo for Business It, saying it "New", and I've never noticed it before. Straight 1.5% cash rewards, but double back rewards for the first year plus 0% APR for the first year. Thinking of app'ing for it. I don't really have a business, just occaisional sales on eBay and Amazon Marketplace, but I have the Cap One Spark Select (no AF) biz card.

And since the Discover It biz card almost certainly reports as a personal card like Spark I assume it's OK to post this here instead of Business Credit.

I got my Discover It in 2015 and forget what CRA they pulled but I think it was EX. According to DoC it's a mix - 52% EQ, 25% EX, 23% TU. I have all 3 CRs locked, so need to figure out which to unlock before app'ing.

EDIT: I tried the Disco pre-qual and got a message no pre-approvals found because EX was locked. Disco is a stickler on that even though as an existing creditor they should be able to SP, but their EX Scorecard also won't work unless I unlock EX first. Will check again in 8 days.

Message 1772 of 1,821
acciofirebolt
Contributor

A few weeks ago I recieved a auto CLI for my Discover IT card. It was opened in 2013 as a student card, all my CLI's have been auto, I think requested a CLI once a while back but it was declined. Over the years the CLI's have been $1000 -> $2000 -> $4200 -> $7200 (June 2018) -> $9200 (Jan 2019). I had about a 40% UTL on the card when they gave me the CLI (took advantage of their 0% APR promo to pay for a Mac), I also opened a Discover It Miles in May. Discover says my TU is 749 but it's dropped a bit since.

Message 1773 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My Discover card turns 1 on 1/12. I'm showing prequals for all of their cards at 23.24% (ouch). 0% for 14 months helps some. When I check for a CLI, it still wants to give me only $200 (I declined it). My current Discover card sits at $2200.

Based on the high APR for the second card and small CLI on the first card, am I relegated to a small SL on the second card if approved? Anybody get approved with a lower APR than what the prequal showed? By small, I mean a SL under 5k.

Checked again this evening and now am showing preapprovals for 17.24% after 0% for 14 months.  Tempted to go for it.

Message 1774 of 1,821
kugel
Valued Contributor

What is the cl on your first card ?
Message 1775 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 1776 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

At 17.24%, I would probably do it, especially if your income and history says you can support a CL higher than $2200. 

Message 1777 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

I currently have 15k card (venture), 8k (savor) and 8k (PayPal), so hoping for at least that amount for SL on the second discover if I go for it.
Message 1778 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Disco is currently at $13.5K @ 23.24% and I have a pre approved offer for a second card @ 19.24%. I'm wondering what the limit on the 2nd card will be... I am going to app at the end of Feb

Message 1779 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I currently have 15k card (venture), 8k (savor) and 8k (PayPal), so hoping for at least that amount for SL on the second discover if I go for it.

Obviously it’s up to Disco and nobody can predict your SL but with those other cards, I would be surprised if they give you a low limit. 

Message 1780 of 1,821
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.