Did you mean: 

Discover unOfficial Data Points

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover unOfficial Data Points

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Got an increase in 9/6, 10/6, and 11/6 after being denied on 9/5, 10/5, and 11/5 so I figured today would be a good day to try. Nope. Got denied. Here's the kicker. I got my last increase after spending $0 on the card in a six week period directly prior to the request. In the last 3 weeks I spent ~$1300 on the card. So they gave me a $3000 CLI with no activity on the card in six weeks, but didn't give me one after running $1300 through it in a couple weeks.

Were you attempting CLIs every single day? 

Sounds like a classic example above of Discover coming through for you after you gave them some "tough love" by not using their card for a bit.  I've seen many people report this, which seems very different than any other lender.  I too was giving Discover $2000-$3000 per cycle last year around this time.  I was getting CLIs every month.  Then they stopped completely.  I continued to give them the same solid spend for several months, then moved my spend to other cards since I wasn't getting any Discover CLIs.  I showed them "tough love" by only giving them a 2-digit spend for probably 6 cycles and kept requesting a CLI every week.  Finally I got one and it was decent at $5500.  No CLI the following cycle, though.

Not every single day. 9/6 was 90 days since I opened the account. So 9/5 would've been 89 days. Then I got an increase twice after exactly a month while being denied the day before for "not enough experience with current limit". 

Message 1301 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

It updates on the 17th, so he said to do it right after that.   So we shall see.   

Message 1302 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Not every single day. 9/6 was 90 days since I opened the account. So 9/5 would've been 89 days. Then I got an increase twice after exactly a month while being denied the day before for "not enough experience with current limit". 

Gotcha, but you were at least doing request on the 5th and 6th (back to back days) on Day 89 and Day 90 each of those 3 months.

Message 1303 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Gotcha, but you were at least doing request on the 5th and 6th (back to back days) on Day 89 and Day 90 each of those 3 months.

That is correct. Also just decided to hit the button again since it is passed midnight and got another $1500. Go figure.

Message 1304 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

My statement for the payment due 1/2/18 has just cut (saw it when I checked my account on iPhone this morning), so I'm debating whether I should try the CLI request today or wait until Monday 12/11 as @BrutalBodyShots suggested up-thread.

Message 1305 of 1,821
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous statement for the payment due 1/2/18 has just cut (saw it when I checked my account on iPhone this morning), so I'm debating whether I should try the CLI request today or wait until Monday 12/11 as @Anonymous suggested up-thread.

doesn't matter can mesh the button daily if you want a letter from discover daily saying declined if indeed that is outcome when their computers see the magic day it will approve it until then it is just a guessing game of whem possibly you might be eligable.  Usually it is after statement cut but not always and obviously discover doesn't do every 90 days like clockwork anymore either as this post shows for alot of people.  Best bet whenever you want to hit it just hit it as long as you don't mind killing trees.

Message 1306 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, DSC gave me a cli 1 min ago..I was denied every month since feb 2017, had 3 cli's over 4 months before that. scores have been 790's the whole time, util 1% the whole time.

Message 1307 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous statement for the payment due 1/2/18 has just cut (saw it when I checked my account on iPhone this morning), so I'm debating whether I should try the CLI request today or wait until Monday 12/11 as @Anonymous suggested up-thread.

doesn't matter can mesh the button daily if you want a letter from discover daily saying declined if indeed that is outcome when their computers see the magic day it will approve it until then it is just a guessing game of whem possibly you might be eligable.  Usually it is after statement cut but not always and obviously discover doesn't do every 90 days like clockwork anymore either as this post shows for alot of people.  Best bet whenever you want to hit it just hit it as long as you don't mind killing trees.

Gave it a try just now, got declined. I'll wait a few days and try again next Monday (12/11).

Message 1308 of 1,821
garagebandking
Regular Contributor

They have until the end of the month to give me a meaningful CLI...at that point I'll have my double CB I suspect and if no CLI...bye bye Disco...

Was not impressed.

Message 1309 of 1,821
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@garagebandking wrote:

They have until the end of the month to give me a meaningful CLI...at that point I'll have my double CB I suspect and if no CLI...bye bye Disco...

Was not impressed.

Going to give up 5% back on gas in Q1 because of no CLI? Kind of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Message 1310 of 1,821
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.