Did you mean: 

Discover unOfficial Data Points

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover unOfficial Data Points

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
I nominate the $200 increase as the Jago22(00) Special hence forthSmiley Happy

NICE..  it thats all it gets, i might just need to combine it into my larger card and be done with it.  Who knows. 

Message 1721 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joltdude wrote:

I'm curious as to what status I have at the Temple of Discover....

=)

-J

Do you already have a Disco card?  If so age and limits? If not try prequalify.   What is your score?   I made friends with Oracle a while back.  They gave my the hook up at the Temple. 

Message 1722 of 1,821
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@joltdude wrote:

I'm curious as to what status I have at the Temple of Discover....

=)

-J

Do you already have a Disco card?  If so age and limits? If not try prequalify.   What is your score?   I made friends with Oracle a while back.  They gave my the hook up at the Temple. 

Im pretty well set with Miss Discover...... Im just trying to figure out what sacrifices are needed to appease the Oracle to help others.... 

Message 1723 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

Weird.  I opened my DiscoIT this April and with a score (at that time) in the mid-750's, was approved with a ridiculous $750 CL.  I applied because 70%'ish of my credit card charges are rated as dining and was excited about the 5% cash back in this category coming up in a couple of months after receiving the card.  Meantime, I'd charge a couple of hundred bucks just to show some activity, then PIF at the end of the month.  I hit the Luv Button without watching the calendar, but everytime I paid off my bill and I wanna think I got a $250 CLI to get to $1K CL, then once the dining category kicked in I'd max it out and PIF, hit the Luv Button each time and I think once or twice I got the "we'll get back with you" message.  But during the last 4 months I've maxed that card out, then paid on it, sometimes in part or in full and I received small increases ($200-300'ish) to get to where I'm at now...just minutes ago I just PIF my maxed out card ($1590 of a $1600 CL) and hit the LUV Button once again for a CLI of $300 to $1900. 

The joke's on them though. I have no plans to use this card again, at least in a serious manner, until the dining rewards period comes back months from now and then it's gonna be "rinse and repeat" and I'll try to remember to come back and report any changes up to and through then on this thread.

Hope this helps!  Sounds like Disco is all over the map!

Message 1724 of 1,821
GFer
Valued Contributor

They are all over the map!  Mine was kinda like that for the first year or so.  Then it seems the flood gates opened!

Hope it does for you as well!

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1725 of 1,821
stinastina
Established Contributor

I hit the luv button and was offered $300 yesterday. I accepted and then called today to ask if there was any more. They told me, yes, we can give you $1k total. Then the rep said, oh, no, you should have called yesterday.

This is odd because the last time I asked for a cli (which was my 1st time) online, they gave me $300. I called the same day, they offered $1k then I got a letter telling me I was declined. Then I called and they said, You asked for 2 on the same day, so it was cancelled. Sorry and gave me the $1k.

So what can be done ? Should I write a letter to the complaints department ?

BK7 Discharge 1/16
10/15 ~ EQ: 406; TU: 520
10/18 ~ EX: 666; TU: 646; EQ: 652
Message 1726 of 1,821
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@stinastina wrote:

I hit the luv button and was offered $300 yesterday. I accepted and then called today to ask if there was any more. They told me, yes, we can give you $1k total. Then the rep said, oh, no, you should have called yesterday.

This is odd because the last time I asked for a cli (which was my 1st time) online, they gave me $300. I called the same day, they offered $1k then I got a letter telling me I was declined. Then I called and they said, You asked for 2 on the same day, so it was cancelled. Sorry and gave me the $1k.

So what can be done ? Should I write a letter to the complaints department ?

Sorry to hear this.  Congrats on the South Jamaican Special. Ive notice snytime i sm them, it ends up nowhere. I dont think their csrs have alot of power other than being friendly. I once received a 1k increase that never appeared then was told the email was by mistake.  Not sure what can be done but from what those who have been able to DD, i guess its best to do so in same day. 

Message 1727 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been on the 90 day cycle but no go. Insufficient experience at current credit limit. Guess the button is broken or I'm now on a longer cycle. 90 days on my 2nd Discover card is later this month, so hopefully that is still on track for the whopping $500 increase.

Message 1728 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

... hopefully that is still on track for the whopping $500 increase.

Or 1K if you do the DD.

Message 1729 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got a 1500 CLI on a 2nd card (3K SL) open only 75 days. It was sort of an accident. I called in with a question and one thing led to another. Details are here if interested.

Message 1730 of 1,821
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.