Just to be sure wen I see this on the bottom of the CLI page is it the HP one ?
After reviewing your application, we may need to pull a credit bureau report, which may affect your credit score. In these cases, we will proceed with the application only with your consent.
Yes, if you agree to it and continue they will HP you.
NO, This is incorrect information. The disclaimer is on the page for everyone. It's implied it's a SP unless they need an additional HP they will contact you before they proceed with a HP.
99.9999% of the CLI's they process are SP only. They shy away from a HP unless there's a request for more than the SP allows at the time, your profile is borderline in the SP scenario, you're approaching a higher CL than your income could support, etc.
You'll get an auto denial if you hit the button in the first 90 days unless they give you an auto. The upside is they don't pull and AMEX and make you wait 90 days after a denial. Just wait it out for the auto or 90 days whichever comes first.
I don't believe this is true for everyone. I got my Discover October 2015 and in December 2015 (around 60 days after opening the account) I requested a CLI (not auto CLI before). They increased my initial credit limit from $1,000 to $4,000. Today my limit is $24,500.
Hi, can you share your expending, if your score changed and anything else that you think helped you with your CLI request? That may help austinguy907.
I was spending around $2,500/month on the card, so I had to make a few payments a month. My score was 724 at the time of the CLI (reported by Discover - Transunion), but not much change since account open (714).
My first statement cut just a few days after my card was issued, so even though I asked for a CLI before the 90 days, it was just after the third statement being issued. Maybe this is relevant?
Just received my first $4500 CLI after 2 day message. I didn't get anything last month and received $1500 the month before that. I've been in the $500 bucket for over a year. Most CLI's up until the last 4 months were 90 days apart. Now they're coming 30 to 60 days apart.
Good news! Glad to hear they are coming quicker now.
I just did my usual 9th of the month request, got the 2 day message and will report back with the result as soon as I have it.
So my second statement is going to cut tomorrow. Should I try the CLI button or wait till my 3rd?
The key bit of info I took from Joster's post above was to be 60 days out from the opening. I haven't seen anyone get one prior to that point and after 60 days it seems to be when they tend to review accounts and hand out some auto increases which indicated to me when to start hitting the button. It doesn't hurt to hit the button since it's a SP but, the hopes of an approved CLI might be lower inside the first 90 days.
For a data point I would say go for it and see what happens.
Ok so i need to wait for a page that doesn't say we may pull?
I'm sorry, I misunderstood your post.
No, you need to fill the information and request the CLI, if they can't approve without a HP, another page will ask you for your authorization so they can pull your report (HP).
The information at the bottom on the first page is standard and will always be there.
Out of curiosity, have you ever found a variation in the amount of time it takes to get a decision on the 2 day message based on the day of the week you hit the button? I'm wondering if Discover works "less" on weekends, so that in the event of hitting the button on a Saturday morning for example could possibly mean the 2 days could really be 4 days. Not that it matters, much, but I was just thinking about this for some reason and wondered if you had any data points on it from your year+ of CLI requests.
I'm pretty sure it's nothing to do with the day of the week. If you're up for an INSTANT approval on the CLI then it's pre-approved sort of before you hit the button since we know they don't SP you at the time of the CLI attempt. I hit the button with them this go round on 12/1 (TH) and called them 12/2 (FR) and they had approved it but, had to have a supv push it through since it exceeded the normal analyst limit that they're allowed to approve on their own. (final approval came Monday 12/5 and it showed on the dashboard)
I think the 2-day can be a combo of the timing in which the computer resets the slider bar option you see on the instants or the threshold of the CL in which it prompts for the manual review. I don't know which of the two since in my data I've had the 2-day since the 2nd CLI attempt. Now that I'm north of say 25K I will always get a manual review potentially because of timing / growth / CL.
It's been a little sporadic at which point people see 2-days though from low limits to high limits and instant approval CLI's from $500 - $14K or an auto CLI of $12.5K. I know if you're impatient and want to see a review done on a 2-day during the same week and have it show up on your dashboard it would be prudent to submit it on SUN/MON so they have time to get to it in their queue and submit for approval if needed and have it post online. Sometimes they get to it quicker and it shows up the same day and other times it does take a week or so for it to fully move through the system.
I think the delay on the weekend could be either they're only working on real time requests on a ghost crew and potentially there's not a supv on duty to approve hefty limits. Supv might be on call for the ghost crew though during the weekend hours for that one off person that just exceeds the analyst limit that they can approve w/o further review. There's so many different factors that come into play depending on policies and procedures that limit what each Tier of the group can do autonomously.
Next time you or someone else hits the button going into a weekend it might be a good time to call them after 24 hours just to get a status update from them to see what they say whether it's still pending or if it hasn't been looked at or if it's pending supv approval. Someone's gotta be there though if they're giving out weekend hours with the phone number when you ask the frontline group and they give you the info for Lending.
***sorry about the ramble but some things came to mind outside of the general day of the week question
I appreciate the reply. That all makes sense. I'm in no hurry, was just sort of thinking out loud. My only 2-day so far ended up being 15 hours from the time I received the message until I noticed the increase. I keep track of these little tidbits just as additional supporting data points