Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disney Denied - 5/24 Rule

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disney Denied - 5/24 Rule

Hi Everyone! 

I just applied for the Disney Visa and got the 7-10 day message...tried a recon, but the CS rep let me know the denial was for the 5/24 rule. He said with a denial for 5/24 they cannot recon. Smiley Sad 

I searched the forum before applying and couldn't find a definitive answer about the this, so just posting for others. Disney falls under Chase's 5/24. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disney Denied - 5/24 Rule

Smiley Sad Awe this isn't good news... I was hoping to get that card early next year and I'm LOL/24. I'm not happy about the 5/24 rule that Chase has. I love Chase bank they are my primary bank here in Gainesville but 5/24 and the recent extension of it to more cards has me wondering what they are up to. I have known since 2009 that they are a Nervous Nellie Creditor, which is why I currently have only one chase credit product (& no Barclay products). I wonder if they will let me change my FU for a Disney card.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hadn't thought of that! Do you know if you can take advantage of cash back promos when you PC a card?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Everyone! 

I just applied for the Disney Visa and got the 7-10 day message...tried a recon, but the CS rep let me know the denial was for the 5/24 rule. He said with a denial for 5/24 they cannot recon. Smiley Sad 

I searched the forum before applying and couldn't find a definitive answer about the this, so just posting for others. Disney falls under Chase's 5/24. 

Unfortunately, about a week ago Chase expanded the number of cards that now fall under the 5/24 rule.  Co-branded cards like Hyatt, IHG, and British Airways Visa are now subject to the rule but this is the first time I've heard it applied to the Disney card.

Message 4 of 8
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Op, sorry for the denial.  Kind of stinks that you had to find out this way.  But thanks for sharing that data point for others.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I hadn't thought of that! Do you know if you can take advantage of cash back promos when you PC a card?

PCs are not possible from Chase core cards (Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, CSP/CS, CSR, Slate) to any other co-branded products and viceversa (i.e. Disney, Amazon, Marriott, United, Southwest, AARP, etc.). 

Message 6 of 8
Bees18
Frequent Contributor

Do accounts like loans or a secured loan fall under chase 5/24?

Message 7 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Bees18 wrote:

Do accounts like loans or a secured loan fall under chase 5/24?

@Bees18it appears this comes up with frequency and general information has been shared in a variety of threads, including the one below for reference (alternatively the search feature can yield lots of recent DPs):

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/What-counts-towards-Chase-s-5-24-rule/m-p/5404332#M160...

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.