cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you think I can get approved for an $8500 loan with CareCredit with a 642 credit score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you think I can get approved for an $8500 loan with CareCredit with a 642 credit score?

I want/plan on getting cosmetic surgery that cost about $8500.

My credit score from TransUnion is 642 (which says "Fair") I have a total of 7 accounts; 3 open & 4 closed. The 3 accounts open is an auto loan (less than $9000 left to payoff), and 2 CreditCards that are in GREAT standing... Plus, I use no more than 30% of credit utilization. And I only have 2 hard inquiries! And the average age of my open credit lines is 5years.

Do you all think I have a good chance at getting approved??? If not, do you think a cosigner with a credit score of 613 with ONLY a home loan and a few missed payments will help me get approved... Or will that lower my chances of getting approved???

*UPDATED* -- I just checked my credit report! It shows that Equifax&Experian has me with 5 negative accounts and TransUnion only has me with 1. Those are closed accounts that I paid in settlement fees through debt collectors in 2012. Equifax shows I have 3 inquiries, TransUnion shows 2, and Experian shows 0... The thing is on Equifax, the 3rd inquiry is from Discover which I KNOW AND NEVER EVER inquiried for. Should I dispute that? 

Equifax 646 | TransUnion 602 | Experian 629

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do you think I can get approved for an $8500 loan with CareCredit with a 642 credit score?

Definitely,I was approved for $8,000 with Care Credit last month. TU(641)with 19 inq/67% util/$12,000 left on auto loan. Recon to $9,000.

Message 2 of 30
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Re: Do you think I can get approved for an $8500 loan with CareCredit with a 642 credit score?

No derogs? What's suppressing your score so much?

If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 3 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do have a $393/5yr unpaid judgement.Thats my only baddie.My TU is now 685. TU is my worst score. NFCU just approved me for a $23,000 auto loan(TU hp)@2.49%~60mos.

Message 4 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think he was asking the OP who has the 642 score

Message 5 of 30
creditFiend
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I want/plan on getting cosmetic surgery that cost about $8500.

My credit score from TransUnion is 642 (which says "Fair") I have a total of 7 accounts; 3 open & 4 closed. The 3 accounts open is an auto loan (less than $9000 left to payoff), and 2 CreditCards that are in GREAT standing... Plus, I use no more than 30% of credit utilization. And I only have 2 hard inquiries and NO derogatory marks! And the average age of my open credit lines is 2.25years.

Do you all think I have a good chance at getting approved??? If not, do you think a cosigner with a credit score of 613 with ONLY a home loan and a few missed payments will help me get approved... Or will that lower my chances of getting approved???

Yes, you may get approved.  But other factors will depend on the amount approved for. (ex: income, debt ratio, etc..)

GL

{Edited-MarineVietVet, myFICO moderator}

Last app: 2/21/2016
Amex PRG (NPSL)| Amex Hilton Surpass ($17.6K)| Barclays Arrival WEM ($13K)| Barclays SM ($11K)| Capital One QS ($15K)
CareCredit (15.6K)| Chase CSP ($12K)| Chase Hyatt ($5K)| Chase FU VS ($7K)| Chase Ritz ($16.7K)| Citi DC ($2.4K)
Discover It ($4K)| Lowe's ($17K)| MSUFCU ($5K)| Nasa FCU ($20K)| Navy Cash Rewards ($20K)| Navy CLOC ($15K)
PenFed Thrifty ($500)| USAA Rate Advantage ($7K)
Message 6 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's does "OP" stand for? Sorry, I'm new to this. 

Message 7 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

What's does "OP" stand for? Sorry, I'm new to this. 

Opie from the Andy Griffith Show.

Actually, it's Original Poster.

Message 8 of 30
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Original poster
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Message 9 of 30
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

To answer your question with available information you may get care credit, the question is do you want it?! The interest rate will be unbelievable and that will be a large balance to ride with it.

Your profile has more than you think.. Check your credit report, something is dragging your scores down. Likely a derogatory that you didn't know is there. Low scores don't just happen.
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.