cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you think I can get approved for an $8500 loan with CareCredit with a 642 credit score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do you think I can get approved for an $8500 loan with CareCredit with a 642 credit score?

@TheGardner wrote:
To answer your question with available information you may get care credit, the question is do you want it?! The interest rate will be unbelievable and that will be a large balance to ride with it.

Your profile has more than you think.. Check your credit report, something is dragging your scores down. Likely a derogatory that you didn't know is there. Low scores don't just happen.

Barring any 0% promos, that is..

Message 11 of 30
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Re: Do you think I can get approved for an $8500 loan with CareCredit with a 642 credit score?

True, make sure it is paid off though. Care credit interest is retroactive after promo period.

Be hell of a deal watching your balance go up a couple thousand over night.
If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 12 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no clue what's supressing my score.

Back in 2007, my credit score was in the high 700s but in 2009/2010, I was dumb and trusted my ex (baby daddy) with my credit card which he promised to make at least minimum payments for if he used them and he said he would. I was a stay at home mom back then! Anyway, he didn't make any payments n my score dropped and put me in debt for $5000. In 2012, I paid all of it off through the debt collectors but I only paid settlement fees and not pay any of it in full.

Maybe that's what's keeping my score down? Right now, my credit cards hold a total of $1550? Maybe that's what's keeping my score low? 

Message 13 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I applied for an $8500 from a bank, do you think I'd still get approved even with my 642 score? 

Message 14 of 30
Billybob_TX
Frequent Contributor

Try the bank or CU where you have a checking/savings account first for a personal loan, they will know how your finances are doing. If that doesn't work out then try Care credit.

Message 15 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just checked my CreditReport.

It shows that Equifax&Experian has me at 5 negative accounts (which are the ones I paid off in settlement fees back in 2012). TransUnion says I only have 1 negative. It even shows that my last inquiry was on a Discover card which I did NOT inquire for whatsoever. Should I dispute that???
Message 16 of 30
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I just checked my CreditReport.

It shows that Equifax&Experian has me at 5 negative accounts (which are the ones I paid off in settlement fees back in 2012). TransUnion says I only have 1 negative. It even shows that my last inquiry was on a Discover card which I did NOT inquire for whatsoever. Should I dispute that???

If you did not apply for Discover make sure you do dispute it. They will most likely put a fraud alert on your report so it doesn't happen again.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 17 of 30
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Ah there it is. Paid collection hurt as bad as unpaid collections score wise. During manual review it looks better but there is debate on settled vs paid in full helping more/less.

I'm assuming this is elective cosmetic surgery. Have you tried goodwill letters to try to delete? How long ago did you settle and or dispute? Basically the last reported date also factors. One of the problems with disputing accounts is an old derogatory account becomes new for storing.

My advice would be to try goodwill campaign to have everything you can removed then you will get much better terms on the loan for the operation. If nothing else the 6 months to a year will improve your scores just through time. The credit card balance, how much is your credit line to help factor utilization which also harms your scores.
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Message 18 of 30
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Does the EX have your SSN?

What addresses are reporting for you on your reports? Any you don't recognize? Any you have never lived at (ex address) ?

May want to freeze your reports.
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Message 19 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

No my ex doesn't know my SSN. I settled all my negative accounts in beginning of 2012 with my whole tax return that came in. My credit card balance TOTAL is $1550. And I never use more than 30% credit utilization.

What is goodwill campaign? What do I tell them or I mean how does it work?

Overall, do u still think I have a chance at getting care credit even with what my report states??? Ahhhhh
Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.