cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you think NFCU will give me a 90 day CLI with no increase in credit score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you think NFCU will give me a 90 day CLI with no increase in credit score?

I received my Navy Federal Signature card in the mail on 9/28. I had a 10k limit and have now started to use the card for everyday expenses and try to pay as much as I can off every pay check. So far I’ve had no increase in credit score; it started at a 579 and it’s still there. I’m curious if my credit score stays the same if they’d be willing to approve me for a CLI. I use the card a lot and try to keep my balance low, would that be enough to get approved?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do you think NFCU will give me a 90 day CLI with no increase in credit score?

Every DP I’ve seen suggest that you have a good chance at CLI regardless of score. It seems NFCU values relationship above all else.
Message 2 of 11
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Do you think NFCU will give me a 90 day CLI with no increase in credit score?

@plainjane said
... started to use the card for everyday expenses and try to pay as much as I can off every pay check. So far I’ve had no increase in credit score; it started at a 579 and it’s still there. I’m curious if my credit score stays the same if they’d qbe willing to approve me for a CLI. I use the card a lot and try to keep my balance low, would that be enough to get approved?

——-
Hi and Welcome OP

Unfortunately, you don’t give us enough info to give you an adequate answer.

What is this random 579 score? What are your 3 FICO scores?

You say you TRY to pay as much as you can. First, try to get in the habit of only charging what you can afford to PIF monthly.

Accounting for all your CCs, is your total UT less than 8.9%?

What is the UT on this 10K card? Are you carrying a balance month to month?

Are you carrying balances on your other cards?

Now to answer your question about increasing score and getting CLI. Because even though NFCU started you at $10K, they also want to see responsible behavior over your entire credit profile, not just their CC. So here we go:

FICO scores increase when AZEO method is in place—all cards at 0 except one and that one has a balance of ~8.9%.

No baddies on your report.

No continuously carrying high balances.

Making payments on time (IMHO, 3-4X minimum).

And one more thing. Getting a CLI also depends on DTI ratio and whether you have reached your maximum CL with NFCU.

GL2U

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for answering!
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You’re alright, thanks.
Message 5 of 11
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Op, anything is possible, as ymmv applies to a lot of situations. Looking at some of your info, my guess would be that it is more likely that they do not give you the increase. On the other hand, if you put a lot of spend on it, some lenders look at that a certain way. But it also depends if you are paying these balances as well.

I would say hold off, in my opinion.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

AZEO, I'm on the path to greatness, join me!

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

***update! 

They sent my cli request to 24 hour review so I applied for the green card and was instantly approved for 15k at @15.99%. 

Ill be making the right moves to lower my APR but all is good here and hopefully they approve the CLI! Either way I’m exceptionally happy with this very merry Christmas gift. 

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

***Update

They sent my cli request to 24 hour review so I applied for the green card and was instantly approved for 15k at @15.99%. 

Ill be making the right moves to lower my APR but all is good here and hopefully they approve the CLI! Either way I’m exceptionally happy with this very merry Christmas gift. 

Message 9 of 11
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Very nice Xmas gift
Congratulations

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.