cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does BofA send out emails when a card is approved?

tag
ElleC

Re: Does BofA send out emails when a card is approved?

@Wavester64 wrote:

@ElleC wrote:

I applied for a Bank of America credit card on April 6. It went into review. I checked on the 8th, it was still in review. I checked online this morning, April 9th - it was approved! 

I have not received an email from them yet. I don't know if it shows up in your online banking immediately because I don't have a bank account with BofA. HTH Smiley Happy

Can I ask:

1. Which of the BoA cards did you apply for?
  2. What were your FICO scores at the time of the app?
  3. How many open accounts in the last year did you open at the time of the app?

Just curious what your DPs were.  Smiley Very Happy

1. Sorry, I can't remember which card it was from BofA. They always spam me with mail offers so when I decided I wanted to do a balance transfer, I went to their "customized offers" site and applied for whichever they recommended. I'm sorry, I should know which card I applied but I honestly forgot Smiley Indifferent

2. Fico scores range between 764 - 780. 

3. I have no new accounts opened in the last 2 years. No Inquiries. 16% utilization. They checked my Experian report.

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I got my decline today. The reason was a past collection. It's from 2014 and was PIF. I tried to call to recon with no luck. 

im super bummed. I bank with BofA, have my savings there. I have a card with them that I got last year that has always been in good standing. My score was 678 when they pulled it.

So the same day I applied, I also submitted a CLI request for my existing card. I got the letter declining that as well. The reason they stated was that my account hasn't been open for 12 months (it was opened in July 2019). Should I bother calling to recon this? 

Why does BofA hate me all of a sudden???

Message 12 of 16
ElleC

Sorry to hear that! Maybe they're tougher with requirements when it's your second credit card with them. 

It's so close to July, you can try another CLI request soon. Do you know if it's a soft pull for CLI with BofA?

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a soft pull. I never had the CLI request button pop up online so I think I'll wait for that to show up before I submit another request. 

Message 14 of 16
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So the same day I applied, I also submitted a CLI request for my existing card. I got the letter declining that as well. The reason they stated was that my account hasn't been open for 12 months (it was opened in July 2019). Should I bother calling to recon this? 

This appears to be a common data point with BofA where you have to have the card for a least a year before you can get a CLI approved. Try asking again in July.

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

The lady I spoke to during my recon call said that some accounts get 90 day holds, some 6 month holds, and other 12 month holds before they will consider CLI. She said it depends on how your credit report looks when you open the card thatll determine how much history they want to see with the card before you'll be eligible for CLIs. 

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.