cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does DCU still exclusively use EQ 5 mortgage for their pulls ?

Estimate your FICO® Score range for free

FICO® Score Estimator

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted

Does DCU still exclusively use EQ 5 mortgage for their pulls ?

I have two cards with DCU and am looking to increase the SL/apply for a personal loan with them.

Back in January when I was approved, they pulled only EQ. I have since read that they specifically pull EQ 5 for mortgages.

Is this still the case ?

Is it for all products ?

5 REPLIES 5
Regular Contributor

Re: Does DCU still exclusively use EQ 5 mortgage for their pulls ?

Yes they are still using EQ 5 for all credit products.

I didn’t know you could have two cards with DCU. How long have you been a member and what was the length of time between both apps?

Message 2 of 6

In January of this year I became a member and applied with a thin, yet clean file.
Got a call back from a CSR and told me I was approved for the first one, Platinum, for 10k.
Wanting to maximize the pull, I asked if I could be considered for a second one, the Rewards card. Approved for 10k as well.
They did go through a VOI a few days later which was harrowing...but I sent in the docs, and all was good.
Overall I like them.
I've been using the cards for business expenses which gets replenished every 2-3 months. Currently I'm on 80 percent utilization on both cards which will be paid back in 2 months.
I would assume zero chance of any additional lines/ increases until the utilization is down to under 30 percent, correct ?
Message 3 of 6
Regular Contributor

I think 90 days after I joined I got a pre approved $5K CLI to $10KSL with zero use. I would say under 30% Util would be ideal. Watch for pre approved offers in your loan suite.

Message 4 of 6
Frequent Contributor

Dcu initially gave me a card with 2000 limit I asked immediately if I could have a higher limit so they gave me 3k.
The only problem was they opened a second cc with a 1k sl. Then closed it the next day. I tried to dispute and fix anyway I could. But now it's older than my aaoa. So I let it report.
My point was even though it was a mistake dcu gave me 2 cc same day..
br>Starting score520
Current Score: FICO 8- 730EX, 741TU, 729EQ, Mortgage- EX 671, EQ- 692, TU 691
Goal Score: 760 by (2/2020)
Buisness CC- Amex Simply $ Plus-6/26/19- 1300-Amex BBP-6000-8/6/19-
Personal Cc's
7/19 Citi rewards+-(wmc)5400
5/19-Amex rose Gold npsl(25000-pot), 5/18-1st Disco it- 2000 , 5/19-2nd Disco it- 2000
6/18-Dcu-3000-
12/18Amazon-6000-
Walmart-5000
2/19-Home depot- 2000-500SL increased to 2k day of app.
6/18-dcu2.74 Auto loan(re-fi a 25% apr auto loan)
Inquiries(scorable)-Ex-7,
Eq-3,
Tu-4
Goal score 800

Message 5 of 6
Super Contributor

Yes, they still use EQ5 for everything...

...and if you are certain that your overall utilization will be under 28.9% in a few months, I would just wait...  lower utilization/higher credit score/higher starting line and/or CLI traditionally...

Last inquiry 31 January 19. Going for Gold!

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.