cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does DCU still exclusively use EQ 5 mortgage for their pulls ?

tag
bellrock190
Established Member

Does DCU still exclusively use EQ 5 mortgage for their pulls ?

I have two cards with DCU and am looking to increase the SL/apply for a personal loan with them.

Back in January when I was approved, they pulled only EQ. I have since read that they specifically pull EQ 5 for mortgages.

Is this still the case ?

Is it for all products ?

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does DCU still exclusively use EQ 5 mortgage for their pulls ?

Yes they are still using EQ 5 for all credit products.

I didn’t know you could have two cards with DCU. How long have you been a member and what was the length of time between both apps?
Message 2 of 7
bellrock190
Established Member

In January of this year I became a member and applied with a thin, yet clean file.
Got a call back from a CSR and told me I was approved for the first one, Platinum, for 10k.
Wanting to maximize the pull, I asked if I could be considered for a second one, the Rewards card. Approved for 10k as well.
They did go through a VOI a few days later which was harrowing...but I sent in the docs, and all was good.
Overall I like them.
I've been using the cards for business expenses which gets replenished every 2-3 months. Currently I'm on 80 percent utilization on both cards which will be paid back in 2 months.
I would assume zero chance of any additional lines/ increases until the utilization is down to under 30 percent, correct ?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think 90 days after I joined I got a pre approved $5K CLI to $10KSL with zero use. I would say under 30% Util would be ideal. Watch for pre approved offers in your loan suite.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dcu initially gave me a card with 2000 limit I asked immediately if I could have a higher limit so they gave me 3k.
The only problem was they opened a second cc with a 1k sl. Then closed it the next day. I tried to dispute and fix anyway I could. But now it's older than my aaoa. So I let it report.
My point was even though it was a mistake dcu gave me 2 cc same day..
Message 5 of 7
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Yes, they still use EQ5 for everything...

...and if you are certain that your overall utilization will be under 28.9% in a few months, I would just wait...  lower utilization/higher credit score/higher starting line and/or CLI traditionally...

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm trying to find this out myself. Do they exclusively use EQ mortgage 5 or do they use a specific fico 5 for different products. IE bankcard 5 for cards and auto 5 for auto loans?

My auto 5 is much higher than my mortgage 5 so knowing the specifics would be extremely helpful.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.