cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Elan ever give an instant approval?

tag
ahmeyer
Valued Member

Does Elan ever give an instant approval?

Does Elan ever give an instant approval?  I just applied for the Fidelity card and got the canned answer

"Thank you for your interest in the Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature Card.  We received your application and it is currently being processed.  You will be notified via UW Mail in the next 7-10 business days."

I am att 11% credit card utilization (only 1 card has a  balance)  They only pulled TU and that score according to my credit card FICO 8 was 764.  I have 2 accounts opened in the past 1 year but (1 CC w/ $0 balance and 1 installment loan with a balance of $4832 balance).

Have a mtg, student loans, 1 CC with a balance and 2 installment loans.  

I realize COVID-19 is making lenders worried but I thought this would be an instant approval

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Does Elan ever give an instant approval?

Yes they give instants.. More so than not most do goto manual review though

Message 2 of 5
sjt
Senior Contributor

@ahmeyer wrote:

Does Elan ever give an instant approval?  I just applied for the Fidelity card and got the canned answer

"Thank you for your interest in the Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature Card.  We received your application and it is currently being processed.  You will be notified via UW Mail in the next 7-10 business days."

I am att 11% credit card utilization (only 1 card has a  balance)  They only pulled TU and that score according to my credit card FICO 8 was 764.  I have 2 accounts opened in the past 1 year but (1 CC w/ $0 balance and 1 installment loan with a balance of $4832 balance).

Have a mtg, student loans, 1 CC with a balance and 2 installment loans.  

I realize COVID-19 is making lenders worried but I thought this would be an instant approval

When I applied back on 3/17, I got instant approval. Received a low SL but was able to call and have it increased without another HP.

At that time, I was told they used a previous version of the FICO score model.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 3 of 5
CreditJourney007
Frequent Contributor

Did you get approved?

Message 4 of 5
ahmeyer
Valued Member

No.  I switched my accounts to Charles Schwab.  They gave me the Amex card with a $5500 limit.  

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.