cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does HUNTINGTON BANK only issue cards in its Local Market?

tag
Gonzozap
Frequent Contributor

Does HUNTINGTON BANK only issue cards in its Local Market?

I see they are in Ohio?

Has anyone living outside of Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Pennsylvania, West Virginia or Wisconsin received card approval?

Thx.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

Re: Does HUNTINGTON BANK only issue cards in its Local Market?

I called about 6 months ago and was told they will not.
They won't even let you open a bank account.
I even tried telling them I would be moving to the area and wanted to establish an account before I set up residence and was told only after and would need proof of address.
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

And you're not in OH?

I've tried the whole GEO banks thing recently and was able to open "accounts" with a couple of them and out right denied opening any accoutns with some.  If they list states and you're not in one of them save yourself the hassle of dealing with them.  You will end up wasting a HP trying to get around the geo-fence and get kicked in the shins.

Message 3 of 4
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

OH...

I had an account with them before I moved to the west coast, they are extremely conservative with CC SL etc. I don't think you're missing anything special my friend.

But I do still love OHIO
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.