Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Macy's do a hard pull for CLI request

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Does Macy's do a hard pull for CLI request

I have Macy's card for years. I pulled the trigger for CLI. I got a message they will notify in 7-14 days. Probably I'll not get increase. Will they do hard pull for this request ?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Does Macy's do a hard pull for CLI request

No HP for a Macy's CLI request.

Message 2 of 9
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Most of the time it's  SP  but as with everything credit related YMMV is always in play. 

Unfortunately, it does sound like a denial. 

Message 3 of 9
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I think it is a denial also. I had couple of other Citi cards in charge off and this card is issued by Citi also. I am surprised they did not cancel the card. They did CLD to $100 and left it like that. I might as well start making small charges on the card and start showing some activity.

Message 4 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

What was the previous CL before the CLD?   Usually, anything above $25K may require a HP, but for the most part it's usually SP.

Message 5 of 9
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I dont remember the exact amount before the CLD. I think it is about $3k or so. Now it is at $100. Should I keep using and make ontime payments ?

Message 6 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Red1Blue wrote:

I dont remember the exact amount before the CLD. I think it is about $3k or so. Now it is at $100. Should I keep using and make ontime payments ?

Personally, I would.  Especially if it's an older tradeline and you can find some use for it - it can grow back up again.  Otherwise, if you feel it may no longer suit your needs you can entertain closing it.   Do you recall whether the CLD was the result of inactivity or some other reason?

Message 7 of 9
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

It was not due to inacivity. I think some company reported slow payment and then Citi started CLD. I did not even realize the account is still open. I stopped using once they CLD to $100. I might as well start using it again and put small charges and pay it off on time.

Message 8 of 9
J-F168
Frequent Contributor

For me is alaways SP every month

EX 716 - EQ 707 - TU 724
BK 7 D/C Dec '16.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.