cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does capital one have a no more than 2 card rule?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does capital one have a no more than 2 card rule?

I currently have a platinun card enrolled im credit steps with a 300 dollar limit. I am miserable the the toy limit. So i applied for a quicksilver thinking they may give me a higher limit ( and cash back!) I am an authorized user on one of my dads capital one card.
Edit: 1/6 rule. Thanks google!
3 REPLIES 3
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: Does capital one have a no more than 2 card rule?

I'd need more information as to your overall credit picture to offer an actual conclusion to answer your question. However, based only from what you posted aka credit steps is for a new card - and given your low limit of $300, I'll assume you are either new to credit cards or have some credit "issues" on your reports. Capital One is not generally going to issue you a second card when the first one is still on "probation". 

Message 2 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

You can only be approved for 1 card every 6 months. AFAIK the limit is 5 cards

Message 3 of 4
titancylinder
Regular Contributor

1 Personal Card and 1 Business Card in a 6 month period, and yes 5 is the limit.

ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES & TERMS AND CONDITIONS

• I understand that I am not eligible for this offer if:
  • My application is received after this offer expires, is incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate or cannot be verified.
  • My address is not in one of the following locations: the 50 United States, Washington, D.C., or a U.S. military location.
  • My address is a correctional institution.
  • My monthly income (my disclosed total annual income divided by 12) doesn't exceed my monthly rent/mortgage payment by at least $425. Or, Capital One otherwise determines that I am unable to make my monthly payments.
  • I am under 18 or do not have a valid Social Security Number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number.
  • I have applied for a Capital One credit card 2 or more times in the last 30 days.
  • I have 5 or more open credit card accounts with Capital One.
  • I have a past due Capital One credit card account.

Pulled directly from Capital One's terms and conditions.

Coming Soon
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.