Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does "New" NFCU Grant CLI at 91/3

tag
rbentley
Established Contributor

Does "New" NFCU Grant CLI at 91/3

I joined NFCU in February and on 5/14 I will hit my 91/3 benchmark.  I had assumed that I could apply, with likely chances of approval, for a CLI at that time. My FICO 9 scores have gone up 35 pts since I joined. With the May AR having just hit there was the hope that just an app might not result in a HP.  I have since become confused over posts about "old" Navy and "new" Navy and that 91/3 CLI's might not be granted anymore.  Can someone clear up this confusion for me?  Is anyone else in a 91/3 successful in applying for a CLI this month?  Was it a HP or SP?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Does "New" NFCU Grant CLI at 91/3

There's a wealth of information already circulating on this active thread which should be able to provide some guidance.  The last several pages provide a variety of data points on this.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Navy-Federal-Thread-for-CLI-and-Additional...

Message 2 of 12
rbentley
Established Contributor

I have read every post in that thread and many are contradictory or vague about how long they have had the card. Most if the CLI posts don't disclose whether a HP or SP resulted.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently received a cli at 91/3 and a new card. It wasn't this month and there were hard pulls for both. From what I've read, oft pull cli's aren't all that common at 91/3.
Message 4 of 12
ToughFistFight
Frequent Contributor

My personal experience.  After 3/91 I got a CLI and a second card.  It was a HP and Id say my Fico was the same as when I initially applied.  GL!!!

Chase Business Ink 20k PenFed Plat Rewards VS 25k NFCU Go Rewards 20k BECU 30k Chase FU 6k GM Biz 21k NFCU Flag 21k Amex BCP 26k Disco IT 18k FNBO Biz 11k Costco Citi Biz 8.1k Amex EDP 2k Gold Delta Skymiles Biz 5k Amazon Prime 10k USBank Cash 12k Amex Biz Plat Rewards NPSL Amex BCB NPSL
Message 5 of 12
rbentley
Established Contributor

How long ago was that?

Message 6 of 12
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Last week was my 91/3 and I got a CLI. It was after the AR was done but I still received a HP. This is my first Navy card and I got the card in Jan 2018. My score has improved around 60 points since approval.

Message 7 of 12
ToughFistFight
Frequent Contributor

March, maybe mid?   Smiley Happy

Chase Business Ink 20k PenFed Plat Rewards VS 25k NFCU Go Rewards 20k BECU 30k Chase FU 6k GM Biz 21k NFCU Flag 21k Amex BCP 26k Disco IT 18k FNBO Biz 11k Costco Citi Biz 8.1k Amex EDP 2k Gold Delta Skymiles Biz 5k Amazon Prime 10k USBank Cash 12k Amex Biz Plat Rewards NPSL Amex BCB NPSL
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

It has to be 91 calendar days.  February is only 28 days.  It made a difference in my case.  I ended up waiting 4 statement cycles and got a small CLI and a second card with a better credit limit.  My scores were up about 70pts.  I had two TU hard pulls.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I spoke with a rep today that sounded experienced as I asked him a number of questions and he was on the ball with them all.

He said it's 91st day with a HP.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.