cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does this pop up from Cap1 mean anything? — UPDATE: Declined.

tag
biff-henderson
Contributor

Does this pop up from Cap1 mean anything? — UPDATE: Declined.

Cap1.request.png

So after my now montly ritiual of requesting a CLI on my Macy's card (now at $3K up from SL of $500), and hopefully an impending app to either WF or AMEX, I decided to try my luck with Cap1 on my oldest card, a Platinum.  Its been sitting at $5K for maybe 8-10yrs. Tried right after I got the QS CLI earlier this year, and got a no. I've read they are stingy, and that my Platinum could potenitally be bucketed, but figured what do I have to loose. I also tacked another $1K on my income update my income.   Is this them trying not to say yes or now, or am I reading too much into it?

TIA

B.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Does this pop up from Cap1 mean anything?

@biff-henderson wrote:

Cap1.request.png

So after my now montly ritiual of requesting a CLI on my Macy's card (now at $3K up from SL of $500), and hopefully an impending app to either WF or AMEX, I decided to try my luck with Cap1 on my oldest card, a Platinum.  Its been sitting at $5K for maybe 8-10yrs. Tried right after I got the QS CLI earlier this year, and got a no. I've read they are stingy, and that my Platinum could potenitally be bucketed, but figured what do I have to loose. I also tacked another $1K on my income update my income.   Is this them trying not to say yes or now, or am I reading too much into it?

TIA

B.

Not really...no.  I've seen that occassionally and just did it again....Cap 1 CLI's are SP so if you process again, it's not a big deal.  If they in fact did process though you got that message, check your "DOCUMENTS" link online to see if they did in fact process it and notified you.

Message 2 of 5
biff-henderson
Contributor

Well, tried again. It went throgh and got a "well get back to you. Check you documents..." message.

Can't wait to see the denial reason.

B.

Message 3 of 5
CreditPacMan
Established Contributor

Just try again after a few hours .. this is more of a backend issue for them than a decision. 

Current Cards:
Message 4 of 5
biff-henderson
Contributor

Waited a few hours, everything wetn through.

Decision this morning:  "Recent use of this account's existing credit line has been too low"

I guess they want more spend on the card. Meh. Its my oldest card, but no rewards or cashback. Not really seeing it happening right now.

B.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.