Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double pulled by Penfed

tag
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: Double pulled by Penfed

@Anonymous wrote:

Same here. Double pull for membership and Pathfinder on 03/05. From CK, 1 from Penfed FCU and another one from Penfed alexand. My application for Pathfinder was declined and I just sent them recon letter.

Same thing here ... Penfed alexand. No clue what that means

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've only had my card since I think December/January. Anyway when I tried to join online I had issues, so I ended up doing it over the phone. It was after my membership was approved the rep asked if I wanted to apply for any products? I can't remember if she told me it would be the same pull or not. I do know that they used the same reports to approve me for the Visa signature.
Message 12 of 15
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Penfed has actually recoded a HP for me to a SP took alittle twisting of the arms, but they will do it on occassion esp if rep stated it would be same pull.  With that said always expect a HP for any credit product.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is wierd how PenFed works with their HP’s. I applied for membership back in September of 18, was approved immediately no HP , and then applied for PenFed cash rewards ,later that day immediately approved as well, received 1 HP for the card only on EQ.

Just recently my wife applied for PenFed membership was approved immediately with a EQ HP, then applied for the Platnium card received another HP and was denied for the card.

Maybe things have changed for 2019, but like everyone else I thought a HP was good for up to 90 days with PenFed. Having her contact PenFed to see about removing the 2nd HP why they couldn’t use the same HP they pulled for membership since it was the same day and only minutes after. Gusss well see what happens.
Message 14 of 15
Five6Two
Frequent Contributor

I recently opened a savings with them and was HP with EQ - I decided to app for the Plat Visa Sig card and was HP on that as well. Was kind of nervouse because they told me it would take 24-48 hours. After the 48 hours I called in and was told to respond to an email (that I never got) regarding the verifcation of my identity. I answered some questions and it went back into review and was told to wait another 24-48 hours. After another 48 hours I called and answered the SAME identity verification questions...fast forward to this morning and I received the "approved" email at 17% apr and 10k SL. Can't say I am dissapointed but I was defnitely on edge waiting this long for the approval. This was my first inquiry/card to ever require "review". 

Siggy under construction Smiley Happy
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.