Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dover FCU tried to blow my socks off

tag
zerofire
Valued Contributor

Dover FCU tried to blow my socks off

As we all know the best way to chill in the garden is to look for your future cards or just fill out prequalification applications without actually submitting for final. Well I bumped into Dover FCU which seams like a rather generic credit union and went to read the website. The fun part is they left a "Check your rate" button on there and I filled out that monstrosity. After the fun spinning and whirring the site said.......I was approved for all products, at their best rates(5.99% and 15.99%), and that there is a $20,000 credit line if I wanted it. Literally everything was the same as an episode of Family Fued without actually being on TV. I am definitely keeping this under consideration for the future.

Denver FCU ResultsDenver FCU Results

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 1 of 275
274 REPLIES 274
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Denver FCU tried to blow my socks off

Sometimes boredom can lead us into quite suprising and favorable unchartered waters Smiley Very Happy

That 5.99 APR is enough to make the mouth water Smiley LOL

Message 2 of 275
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info

It's Dover.

Up to $18960 Credit Limit
0% APR* intro rate on balance transfers for 12 months
Low Rate: 11.99% APR

I don't believe this lol. Likewise not applying right now, just like you only playing preapproval games for now

Message 3 of 275
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Don't take the bait just yet . . . sometimes those preapprovals may not actually give you the $20k SL . . . bait reflected up to. Smiley Wink

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 4 of 275
Metalcards
Regular Contributor

@zerofire   just tried it. I also didn't pull trigger, yet Smiley Very Happy

does anyone know what cra they pull?

@FinStar  - for science???

info

Advantage Mastercard

• Up to $48900 Credit Limit
  • 0% APR* intro rate on balance transfers for 12 months
  • Low Rate: 6.99% APR
  • No Annual Fee
Message 5 of 275
GoHooterGo
Regular Contributor

Screenshot_20220507-205553_Chrome.jpg

I was offered both, UP TO $20,000 at 13.9%

I know they are checking either Experian or Equifax based on the information it asked me about balance transfers.  Anyone attempt it yet?🤔

Starting Scores FICO8 - 02-23-2022

Current Scores FICO8

Message 6 of 275
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Dover FCU tried to blow my socks off

@zerofire, the subject title has been corrected. It's Dover, not Denver --  big difference (geography-wise). Also, since you placed it under consideration and did not accept the offer or went trough the application process, the thread has been moved to Applications.

Message 7 of 275
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

I get the same as well. As @babygirl1256 suggested it's typical lingo to draw in a try. 

Also curious what CRA they hit.  Offered both too.

sshot-2022-05-07-22-05-09.jpg

Message 8 of 275
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Metalcards wrote:

@zerofire   just tried it. I also didn't pull trigger, yet Smiley Very Happy

does anyone know what cra they pull?

@FinStar  - for science???

Advantage Mastercard

• Up to $48900 Credit Limit
  • 0% APR* intro rate on balance transfers for 12 months
  • Low Rate: 6.99% APR
  • No Annual Fee

If you feel bold enough @Metalcards -- why not?Smiley Tongue

Message 9 of 275
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

And now in my email this came through.

sshot-2022-05-07-22-33-09.jpg

Message 10 of 275
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.