Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dover FCU tried to blow my socks off

tag
zerofire
Valued Contributor

Re: Dover FCU tried to blow my socks off

Ok clearly auto correct/spell check failed at first. Yes it is Dover FCU. I will say that for me they SP Experian for the quilifier. That one has 7 inquiries (my highest) for me so the offer is surprising. I hope to stay in the garden though since I want to use my Experian inquiries in other ways. I did however want to inform the community on a decent lender I bumped into.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 31 of 275
crystal626
Regular Contributor

Cash back card has no hoops. They open a checking for you and put it there each month automatically. 

They offered $6750 at the lowest APRs.

Message 32 of 275
tussking
Established Contributor

Re: Denver FCU tried to blow my socks off

I paid the $15.00 for friends of Bombay Hook and got the letter in 2 hours. They stated in case you applied for Dover FCU here is your proof.

Has anyone pulled the trigger on applying?

Discharged BK7 - 7.16.15
Current Fico8 - (8.2022) EX - 744/EQ - 728/TU - 740
Message 33 of 275
thewally
New Contributor

Not yet, but I too am a friend of Bombay Hook.  My prequal was $50k at 9.99%.   I have opened a few new accounts in the past couple months so I'm nervous about pulling the trigger not knowing how sensitive they are to new accounts.

Message 34 of 275
Metalcards
Regular Contributor

@thewally wrote:

Not yet, but I too am a friend of Bombay Hook.  My prequal was $50k at 9.99%.   I have opened a few new accounts in the past couple months so I'm nervous about pulling the trigger not knowing how sensitive they are to new accounts.

I think you should go for it.  Smiley Wink

I just got a text from them reminding me about my pre approval (48.9k @ 6.99) and to submit the app. They're teasing me just like NASA did. Smiley Surprised

Message 35 of 275
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

It's just a hp to try lol , all this talk and  mouth watering tease  , someone please just applySmiley Wink where all the cray cray MF'rs at?. I would do it if  I were eligible but last thing I read you gotta send in stuff via mail. We're it all online I'd do it hp be darnedSmiley Wink

Eta Mail method is just 1 method of joining Bombay Hook alongside PayPal, and in person. Sorry for 😕 

Message 36 of 275
Metalcards
Regular Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit  We have to mail stuff in? Well that does it, I'm out. Smiley Very Happy

Message 37 of 275
Janneman
Established Contributor

@Metalcards wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit  We have to mail stuff in? Well that does it, I'm out. Smiley Very Happy

a few cents worth of stamp to mail documents is too much?? or is this hassle not worth for this much of cl of $48.5k?

Message 38 of 275
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

It's just a hp to try lol , all this talk and  mouth watering tease  , someone please just applySmiley Wink where all the cray cray MF'rs at?. I would do it if  I were eligible but last thing I read you gotta send in stuff via mail. We're it all online I'd do it hp be darnedSmiley Wink

Where did you read that? Because that isn't the case from what I've seen. Unless one has gone through the actual process, let's not spread misinformation. FWIW - if one applies, it allows to upload documents/send messages (via secure portal), similar to all other LoanLiner application platforms for a variety of CUs. It is possible that DFCU could request separate supporting documents via alternate channels if whatever was provided was not legible or if they needed additional information that could not be provided via their secure portal.

Message 39 of 275
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Metalcards wrote:

@FinStar  have you done the prequalify?

You Rang.jpeg

Message 40 of 275
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.