Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dover FCU tried to blow my socks off

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Denver FCU tried to blow my socks off

@Metalcards wrote:

all, I just received email that they need additional info from me. I will call tomorrow to find out what they need and to clarify one little thing.

I was supposedly prequalified for $48.5k @ 6.99. I just found an email from them, that went into junk folder, telling me to finish applying to accept my  credit card with a limit of - drum roll please-  $3,139!!! What happened to $48.5k???

I will update tomorrow after I speak to them.

I also never had after an application of it going straight into my SPAM folder. Good thing i just happened to check there, Also they say specifically that they will call 24-48 hours- no call whatsoever in 3 days so far, i'm turned off by that failure of them to follow up which they said they would at the onset. Also in SPAM they needed Friends Of Bombay Hook receipt. That took a whole next day to arrive but i emailed the PayPal transaction in advance then the actual welcome membership from the Friends of Bombay Hook receipt came which i also sent.

Dunno what comes next- waiting for another SPAM to drop which is the only emails i get from them. Ugh

Message 61 of 275
LADave
Established Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:
I also never had after an application of it going straight into my SPAM folder. Good thing i just happened to check there, Also they say specifically that they will call 24-48 hours- no call whatsoever in 3 days so far, i'm turned off by that failure of them to follow up which they said they would at the onset. Also in SPAM they needed Friends Of Bombay Hook receipt. That took a whole next day to arrive but i emailed the PayPal transaction in advance then the actual welcome membership from the Friends of Bombay Hook receipt came which i also sent.

For what it's worth there was a checkbox on the prequalification to opt in and get a call. I didn't click it, so I only got the initial text and email.

I am wondering if they're having to do more calls back than normal. Although it doesn't seem to be getting crazy like AOD did, I have to imagine there are some lurkers here who are also requesting calls and maybe applying for the cards as well.

Message 62 of 275
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@LADave wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

For what it's worth there was a checkbox on the prequalification to opt in and get a call. I didn't click it, so I only got the initial text and email.

I am wondering if they're having to do more calls back than normal. Although it doesn't seem to be getting crazy like AOD did, I have to imagine there are some lurkers here who are also requesting calls and maybe applying for the cards as well.

I did get a personal name email addy from i assume a Dover rep who said that he was reviewing my app but needed that Friends of Bombay Hook RECEIPT before proceeding which i since sent/forwarded. That was yesterday-nothing came thru today-feels like this was some shot in the dark.

Message 63 of 275
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@LADave wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

I did get a personal name email addy from i assume a Dover rep who said that he was reviewing my app but needed that Friends of Bombay Hook RECEIPT before proceeding which i since sent/forwarded. That was yesterday-nothing came thru today-feels like this was some shot in the dark.

Given that this thread has garnered a lot of interest from several folks, wouldn't it be logical to think they could've had an increase in membership questions and/or applications?

Now, no one is ever forced to apply or go for a FOTM if they think potential delays, "turns offs" or "failures" may be expected. Besides, we're not talking about NFCU or PenFed here. This is a fairly small CU (i.e. ~40,000 members). I would say, temper your expectations.

Message 64 of 275
GoHooterGo
Regular Contributor

@pip3man wrote:

@Metalcards wrote:

all, I just received email that they need additional info from me. I will call tomorrow to find out what they need and to clarify one little thing.

I was supposedly prequalified for $48.5k @ 6.99. I just found an email from them, that went into junk folder, telling me to finish applying to accept my  credit card with a limit of - drum roll please-  $3,139!!! What happened to $48.5k???

I will update tomorrow after I speak to them.

I was told by the lady that with this prequal, their system looks at your outstanding credit card balance and whatever that amount is, that's the minimum you'll be guaranteed to get if approved on the final app. She also said if u decide to pursue a BT, you'll be given enough buffer in terms of the limit so you're not completely maxed out right the door. So more than likely that $3139 is the reported balance on one or more of your credit card which they use to set a floor for u. Check ur EX report to verify.

This makes sense because in my prequalification, it asked if I wanted $3917 for a balance transfer or OTHER Amount for Balance Transfer, and it pulled the exact amount from one of my Credit Card Balance on Experian.

So I choose other, and put in $10,000. My Pre-Qualification was I was approved for up to $20,000. The email I recieved stated I was pre-qualified for $10,000* (Not up to) but just $10,000. If that is the case, I would have taken it, as my highest limit card right now is $4,000 but I haven't tried to get bigger limits with the way my scores are right now. I'm hoping to start pushing for higher limits as soon as I hit 700.

Starting Scores FICO8 - 02-23-2022

Current Scores FICO8

Message 65 of 275
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Spoke with a rep this AM who confirmed they've been seeing a surge in new applications that's pretty much overwhelming them and they had a "meeting" about it yesterday. Stated it normally takes them 24-48hrs to finalize applications and call back members but now it's been extended to 3-5 business days. My CC and membership apps are still stuck in Review and Referred status. Their call hold times are insane, 30mins to get a hold of someone so temper your expectations accordingly.

Message 66 of 275
LADave
Established Contributor

@pip3man wrote:

Spoke with a rep this AM who confirmed they've been seeing a surge in new applications that's pretty much overwhelming them and they had a "meeting" about it yesterday. Stated it normally takes them 24-48hrs to finalize applications and call back members but now it's been extended to 3-5 business days. My CC and membership apps are still stuck in Review and Referred status. Their call hold times are insane, 30mins to get a hold of someone so temper your expectations accordingly.

@pip3man Thank you for this info!

@zerofire looks like you unleashed a monster here 😁

Message 67 of 275
pip3man
Valued Contributor

I am not sure why it's not letting me edit my previous post to add more details but anyways UPDATE #2: membership application was just approved. Signed the Docusign documents sent to my email, there's 5 identity verification questions from public record you gotta answer before you can move forward. I was able to set up online access and download the mobile app right away which is decent and in my opinion much user friendly than PENFED lol. My CC application is still in Review status. Fingers crossed

Message 68 of 275
tussking
Established Contributor

Man O Man...

Glad I didn't apply and just wasted the $15 donation. If this small-time CU can't handle applications imagine their customer service!

This looks like a disaster in the making. What's the gold ole' saying. If it looks too good to be true there's a reason...

Discharged BK7 - 7.16.15
Current Fico8 - (8.2022) EX - 744/EQ - 728/TU - 740
Message 69 of 275
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@tussking wrote:

Man O Man...

Glad I didn't apply and just wasted the $15 donation. If this small-time CU can't handle applications imagine their customer service!

This looks like a disaster in the making. What's the gold ole' saying. If it looks too good to be true there's a reason...

It's the FOTM affect.    Small credit union gets hyped on MF leading to them getting inundated by applications for membership and credit.  They've probably seen more applications over the last 3 days than they did in the previous 3 months. 

Insofar as long term effect, to give an example you don't see many complaints here about AOD's customer service.   They were absolutely deluged 2 years ago after their 3% cashback card was mentioned here and they needed to have pretty much had all hands on deck helping process applications.  

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 70 of 275
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.