cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dover - so frustrating to deal with

tag
cfin22

Dover - so frustrating to deal with

Has anyone experienced this before with Dover? I received a pre-authorized credit card application from Dover for 20K. I filled it out on Dec. 4 and was contacted for my license and social security card. I uploaded all of the info on Dec. 9 to their supposed secure site and that they would be back in touch once it was reviewed. I contacted them weekly and never heard anything back. They pulled my credit score as I received an alert.  I know their process was slow and was trying to be patient. I continued to contact them through their website and heard back this evening from Tamirra who said that since the application was more than 30 days old, I would have to restart the process. What is also odd, is that their have been multiple credit pulls without my authorization and I have charges on my existing credit cards (translation services) that do not belong to me that I am disputing with Amex. If this is. how they operate, I don't think I want anything to do with them!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
LADave
Established Contributor

Re: Dover - so frustrating to deal with

@cfin22 wrote:

Has anyone experienced this before with Dover? I received a pre-authorized credit card application from Dover for 20K. I filled it out on Dec. 4 and was contacted for my license and social security card. I uploaded all of the info on Dec. 9 to their supposed secure site and that they would be back in touch once it was reviewed. I contacted them weekly and never heard anything back. They pulled my credit score as I received an alert.  I know their process was slow and was trying to be patient. I continued to contact them through their website and heard back this evening from Tamirra who said that since the application was more than 30 days old, I would have to restart the process. What is also odd, is that their have been multiple credit pulls without my authorization and I have charges on my existing credit cards (translation services) that do not belong to me that I am disputing with Amex. If this is. how they operate, I don't think I want anything to do with them!

The charges on your current cards don't sound like they have anything to do with Dover. Having said that, I send my info to Dover to open a savings account several months ago to at least have the option to open a card in the future - and I never heard back as promised.

If they can't be bothered to get my money as a prospective customer, I can only imagine what their customer service would be like as a customer.

Message 2 of 9
cfin22

My point is that I have had multiple unauthorized pulls of my credit score since applying with Dover as well as unauthoized charges on my Amex. They have copies of my  license, pay checks and social security card. I ended up having to lock my credit report. Be cautious of doing business with Dover!

Message 3 of 9
sznthescore
Established Contributor

I must say they are a piece of work. Something's off over there.

REBUILDER CARDS

Goal: FICO 700+
Message 4 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@cfin22 wrote:

My point is that I have had multiple unauthorized pulls of my credit score since applying with Dover as well as unauthoized charges on my Amex. They have copies of my  license, pay checks and social security card. I ended up having to lock my credit report. Be cautious of doing business with Dover!

I didn't experience any major issues nor multiple HPs with the process before it became a FOTM around these parts. They were a bit slow given their membership size and by no means to compare them to PenFed or NFCU, but in the end once the membership was verified and established, the CC part wasn't that tedious or lengthy, IME. 

Message 5 of 9
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@cfin22 wrote:

I didn't experience any major issues nor multiple HPs with the process before it became a FOTM around these parts. They were a bit slow given their membership size and by no means to compare them to PenFed or NFCU, but in the end once the membership was verified and established, the CC part wasn't that tedious or lengthy, IME. 

Same. I had no issues setting up membership or card application. Granted, they somehow couldn't verify my income (it was apparently "missing" info, but i never really found out what was missing) even when I provided paystubs that clearly stated income. Anyway I had to fight that a little, but other than that, it was fairly seamless. And I certainly had no fraud charges or duplicate/unauthorized pulls.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 6 of 9
cfin22

I've been a member for over a year, and this was my first attempt with applying for a credit card with them when I received the offer. I did receive a phone call from a manger who apoligzed and will try to speak with her on Monday. 

Message 7 of 9
mtnbikeman
Valued Member

Sorry to hear about your experience. I applied during the FOTM and my experience was very pleasant. Card and account approved within 3 days. I now use the card as my daily driver, hard to beat a flat 2% card.

Message 8 of 9
Janneman
Established Contributor

I also never had any of this multiple unathorized charges/inquiries. Obtaining the membership and opening of saving account was a piece of cake. And of course, they have very limited people working, so the whole process does take a time. It took them almost 3 weeks for them to work on my credit card application. My application for credit card was denied for not being able to verify my income. I did provide paystubs but underwriter said that its missing YTI on the paystubs...I offered them to provide my W-2s, tax returns and even a verifiable letter from my employer, but underwriter didnt budge. I requested to speak with manager of credit dept, but told the same that they couldn't verify my income and manager stood by to the decision made by underwriter. However, keep it in mind that I was never be able to speak with underwriter and manager, rather it was the assigned case-worker who said she spoke with them. Oh well...In credit game, if one door closes, 10 doors open. So, I moved on and opened accounts with other wonderful lenders...

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.