Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ducks Unlimited CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ducks Unlimited CLI

Hi all,

I've been trying to find some DPs for CLIs for the Ducks Unlimited card. When I hit the "limit increase" button on FNBO's website, it says there are not any eligible accounts. I opened this card on 3/24, so I am coming up on 6 months in 5 days. Should I wait until then to call them, or is there not a 6 month wait from when you open the account? Are CLIs granted with a sp or hp?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ducks Unlimited CLI

Well, I just called and they told me I have to wait until the account is 6 months old. The CSR gave me a different date than 3/24 (she gave me 3/25) and suggested I waited until the 26th to call back. So that's what I will do
Message 2 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

As suggested by the agent, wait until the account has hit the 6 month mark (plus a few days).  Do not submit the request online unless you want a HP (rookie move!).  Call and ask to see whether your account has any "pre-qualified" offers for a CLI (this is the SP method).  If there are none, then bow gracefully... unless you want to risk a HP.  Repeat the process within the next several months until the account becomes eligible for the (SP) CLI.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

DU is an FNBO product.

You can gleen alot of info from most FNBO threads, they are conservative, but if you are loved - you will know it for sure!

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I sure do hope they love me as much as I love them! I’ve already gotten 100 in rewards, and I’m almost to another 50, and that’s in 6 months. They pile in fast!!
Message 5 of 13
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

As suggested by the agent, wait until the account has hit the 6 month mark (plus a few days).  Do not submit the request online unless you want a HP (rookie move!).  Call and ask to see whether your account has any "pre-qualified" offers for a CLI (this is the SP method).  If there are none, then bow gracefully... unless you want to risk a HP.  Repeat the process within the next several months until the account becomes eligible for the (SP) CLI.

I didn't know there was a path to an SP CLI with FNBO.  I am just over 7 months with my Ducks Unlimited card, so I should give them call. 

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 6 of 13
SEAlifer
Established Contributor

I wonder what the breakdown is on how many people get the card for the gas vs the sporting goods benefit. Do you use it for just those two categories?

AU

Message 7 of 13
KDKobes
Regular Contributor

I use mine strictly for gas & sporting goods purchases like Scheels. I’m also one that uses all my cards strategically to help get the most back. FNBO has been great to me so far!

EX: 694 (F8)(7inq) | TU: 691 (VS3)(5inq) | EQ: 699 (VS3)(5inq)
BK Ch 7 Discharged 2015 | x1 Paid collection | x1 30 day late on file
9% Utilization | AAoA: 2yrs | Updated: *UPDATING*
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mostly I only use this card for gas. But I’ve used it at Bass Pro a few times too. I’ve already gotten offers to do BTs with this card, but I had better offers elsewhere that I took advantage of instead.
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m looking forward to my first CLI with them as well.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.