Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ducks Unlimited Pending Application -Update 2-

tag
patoot10
Frequent Contributor

Ducks Unlimited Pending Application -Update 2-

I submitted an application for this card about 10 days ago and it went pending with a message saying it will take 2-4 weeks to process my application, they pulled EX. Ten days later and still showing pending on check status page. I called them and they told me that a letter was sent to me 5 days ago and they mentioned that "due to credit bureau discrepancy" I need to follow the instructions in the letter so they can proceed with the application.

I am hoping it's as simple as mailing a copy of my ID but I am worried they will request access to ARS.

Looking through data points people with pending applicaitons either get approved/denied a couple of days later and some mentioned being denied due to secondary bureau information but I haven't seen people waiting for letters in the mail. One person mentioned being approved with a frozen ARS.

Thoughs ?

======================================================

I received a letter today asking me to submit SSA-89 by mail which is used by banks to verify someone's SSN. I will mail it tomorrow and keep checking the status.

Do you think they would waste their time verifying me and denying me later for credit related reasons ?

======================================================

I mailed the requested form and it was delivered on Dec 31st and today towards the end of the day I received an approval email. I checked the status on the website and they approved me for $4,500

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Ducks Unlimited Pending Application

It really depends. I was approved for Ducks Unlimited w/o any frozen 3rd party CRs. But, when I applied a few years ago for the FNBO Sun Country Visa, it didn't process all the way through due to frozen 3rd party CRs. Once that was cleared up, it was approved.

IIRC, @CreditCuriosity (one of our Mods who you might remember 😉) was approved for this specific card, but I can't recall if his ARS was frozen 😁.

Either way, I'm sure the letter will provide you with further next steps on your application.
Message 2 of 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Yes all my 3rd parties bureaus such as ARS/Sagestream etc where on ice and remain on ice just won't get instant approvals with several lenders..  I didn't get letter or anything just went pending for a few days..  So might be another issue with your reports that cause them concerns.  Suppose you will see when you receive letter.

Message 3 of 12
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Good luck and happy holidays

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 4 of 12
britt585
Regular Contributor

Hi..Could you please tell me what ARS stands for?!..Thanks

Message 5 of 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

3rd party reporting agencies beyond eq/tu/experian.  They aggregate inquiries across all CRA's among other things..

These include Innovis/ARS/Sagestream/EWS, etc...  A bit of what they are is

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/two-credit-bureaus-you-should-freeze-before-you-apply-for-a-u-s-bank-...

Message 6 of 12
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Yes all my 3rd parties bureaus such as ARS/Sagestream etc where on ice and remain on ice just won't get instant approvals with several lenders..  I didn't get letter or anything just went pending for a few days..  So might be another issue with your reports that cause them concerns.  Suppose you will see when you receive letter.

Ditto. I have several third party bureaus frozen as well

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used to want this card so bad when I lost my Sam's Club membership and thus lost its credit card. Good luck on your result.

Message 8 of 12
patoot10
Frequent Contributor

^^

That's exactly why I want it since Sams membership doesn't make sense anymore. Why didn't you get it ?

Message 9 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Ducks Unlimited Pending Application -Update 1-

@patoot10 wrote:

I received a letter today asking me to submit SSA-89 by mail which is used by banks to verify someone's SSN. I will mail it tomorrow and keep checking the status.

Do you think they would waste their time verifying me and denying me later for credit related reasons ?

This is just part of theirccompliance and verification process to ensure you are the intended applicant.   Let us know the outcome of Update #2

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.