Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ducks Unlimited declined.

tag
Paranoid
Contributor

Ducks Unlimited declined.

Decided to share my experience. Wanted to get that card and applied yesterday but unfortunately was declined. They pulled Experian with 2/0 HP last 12/6 month and 735 score, the oldest account -- 3 yrs 4 mos and the average age is 1 yr 6 mos. The present utilization is 7 %. Today I called and the representative told me that the reason is: "Lack of credit history", I asked her about more details, she contacted the credit department and after couple minutes of holding I was told that my credit history is way too short.

BoA CR (2), CITI DC, Chase FF, AmEx BCE, Disc It, UMB SR, USB C+, CO WMT, Synch TJX, TD TGT, CITI CC, Elan MCP, Synch PPMC, Synch PPC
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: Ducks Unlimited declined.

FNBO is pretty conservative. There are exceptions of course, but if you’re going for one of their cards, you should have no more than 1 or 2 inqs and a long, clean history.  Sorry about the denial!

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 2 of 16
Paranoid
Contributor

But how long it should be? I had 0 inqs in the last 6 mon (last 2 inqs were made in Sep'18) and a clean history without a single flaw.

BoA CR (2), CITI DC, Chase FF, AmEx BCE, Disc It, UMB SR, USB C+, CO WMT, Synch TJX, TD TGT, CITI CC, Elan MCP, Synch PPMC, Synch PPC
Message 3 of 16
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

just to clear things up, you were denied based on "short time of Credit History"

You could have 850 scores and No Inquiries, it would not have changed the decision.

Sorry OP

EDIT: I am Currently "Pending" and could get Denied with a 20+ year history,

thick file and many Large $$ paid of CC's/Loans.

People with 850 Scores and big Incomes, Get Denied for Savor CC's all the time.

Message 4 of 16
Paranoid
Contributor

Ok, but what history would not be considered as short?

Message 5 of 16
Paranoid
Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Why does it happen?

Message 6 of 16
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Paranoid wrote:

Ok, but what history would not be considered as short?

They Could Possibly Citing any New Card(s) ?? ...

just a guess, as I do not now if you have some new cards. possibly less than a Year?

I am just guessing that based on your AAoA

Message 7 of 16
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Savor tries to weed out churners, I think. Anyone that looks like that would be a no go.

Message 8 of 16
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Paranoid wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Why does it happen?

I wish i could give you a defined answer, Sorry, I can't.

I will let some of the more knowledgeable  posters give their opinions on that.

some Lenders are Finicky, Conservative and "Paranoid" sorry, no pun intended.

Denials happen to The Best, while I have seen people with a lot less Get Approved for 30k.

could be a computer Algorithm, could be a Underwriter having a bad day???

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kilroy8 wrote:

Savor tries to weed out churners, I think. Anyone that looks like that would be a no go.

+1 I'm a long time cap1 customer and I'm not even pre-qualified for anything on their site except the "platinum" card and according to their credit wise app, I've been between a 750-780 score, but I also have a dozen inquires and a dozen new accounts.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.