Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ducks Unlimited declined.

tag
Paranoid
Contributor

Re: Ducks Unlimited declined.

@M_Smart007 wrote:

They Could Possibly Citing any New Card(s) ?? ...

just a guess, as I do not now if you have some new cards. possibly less than a Year?

I am just guessing that based on your AAoA

Yes, my last HP was in Sep'18 and I got 2 CC then. But generally speaking, "short credit history" is related with the AAoA or my oldest account?

BoA CR (2), CITI DC, Chase FF, AmEx BCE, Disc It, UMB SR, USB C+, CO WMT, Synch TJX, TD TGT, CITI CC, Elan MCP, Synch PPMC, Synch PPC
Message 11 of 16
Paranoid
Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Paranoid wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

People with 850 Scores and big Incomes, Get Denied for Savor CC's all the time.

Why does it happen?

I wish i could give you a defined answer, Sorry, I can't.

I will let some of the more knowledgeable  posters give their opinions on that.

some Lenders are Finicky, Conservative and "Paranoid" sorry, no pun intended.

Denials happen to The Best, while I have seen people with a lot less Get Approved for 30k.

could be a computer Algorithm, could be a Underwriter having a bad day???

That's funny, I just tried to get pre-qualified offers from Capital One and SAVOR/SAVOR One were in their list that they gave me. Unfortunately, I pay for gas much more often that paying for restaurants and entertainment. But it turned out I'm not good enough for Ducks Unlimited :-(

BoA CR (2), CITI DC, Chase FF, AmEx BCE, Disc It, UMB SR, USB C+, CO WMT, Synch TJX, TD TGT, CITI CC, Elan MCP, Synch PPMC, Synch PPC
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just had the same thing happen. Similar score (756 TU and Exp), and similar number of hits (2/0 in last 12/6). My oldest account is ~7yrs (joint CC), average age of ~2yrs. Rejected due to "thin credit file".

Message 13 of 16
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Paranoid wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

They Could Possibly Citing any New Card(s) ?? ...

just a guess, as I do not now if you have some new cards. possibly less than a Year?

I am just guessing that based on your AAoA

Yes, my last HP was in Sep'18 and I got 2 CC then. But generally speaking, "short credit history" is related with the AAoA or my oldest account?

They Cite "short credit history" but i'd bet they are really looking at your (2) Cards less than 1 year old.

They just kinda use something Random like "Insufficient Time at current credit limit" it's like huh?

sometimes lenders give very vague (of uncertain, indefinite, or unclear character or meaning.)

Message 14 of 16
Paranoid
Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

They Cite "short credit history" but i'd bet they are really looking at your (2) Cards less than 1 year old.

They just kinda use something Random like "Insufficient Time at current credit limit" it's like huh?

sometimes lenders give very vague (of uncertain, indefinite, or unclear character or meaning.)

Thank you! Very important information for me, at least now I know the reason and how to avoid it. I hope.

Message 15 of 16
Paranoid
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've just had the same thing happen. Similar score (756 TU and Exp), and similar number of hits (2/0 in last 12/6). My oldest account is ~7yrs (joint CC), average age of ~2yrs. Rejected due to "thin credit file".

But anyway, that is so strange!

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.