Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ducks Unlimited with low account age/high inquiries

tag
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

Ducks Unlimited with low account age/high inquiries

My FICO scores are decent, but my oldest account on Experian and TransUnion was opened in April. FNBO's inquiry on EX made 15, all of which are under 6 months old.

I came out of the garden to apply for (and get) a Paypal MC, and the Ducks Unlimited card is one of the last two I really care about, so I figured I'd take a shot. If I don't get it now, maybe next year.

I got a message saying my application is pending, and should be reviewed within 10 to 14 days. I don't know if that's standard, or if it's a de facto decline.

Posting for the DP. I will update when I get a decision.

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Ducks Unlimited with low account age/high inquiries

Good Luck!  Hopefully it will a be "yes"

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 2 of 18
Grizzly1
Contributor

I got the same notification, which I thought was funny because on the app page it says approval in 60 seconds. It ended up taking about 4 days and was denied. Still waiting for the letter saying why.

8/2019: EQ 617, TU 578, EX 628
9/2021: EQ 684, TU 662, EX 671
Message 3 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

The 10-14 message is pretty standard for pending applications. FNBO can yield instant approvals depending on the overall profile.

Younger profiles or those with recent activities such as excessive inquiries and/or new accounts typically don't stand a good chance for an approval. That said, FNBO is somewhat conservative and is not known for reconsiderations.
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would you mine disclosing your TU score?

I'm curious about the Paypal MC with only a 6 month TU file.

Thanks

Message 5 of 18
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

I don't have a TU FICO score, since my oldest account on TU is 5 months old. I have a FICO score on EX because of an AU card that is older than 6 months. I have had a FICO score on EQ all along because I have an old Exxon card that shows up only on EQ. Everything else is the same on all three reports, except that they have varying numbers of inquiries (all are double digits).

My TU FAKO was 681 at the time of the Paypal application. It fell to 675 due to the application.

Hope this helps!

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm rooting for you to get the card.  I told myself I was retired from applying for credit cards but I have been thinking about this card for a long time.  I have resisted so far but hanging around here just fuels the fire.  Quack Quack!  

Message 7 of 18
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Good luck.  FNBO is conservative so I think your INQs might be problematic.

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 8 of 18
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

I would say it's about 5 to 1 that I don't get it, but, I'm rooting for me too Smiley Wink

Thanks, and I'll update the thread when I get a result.

Message 9 of 18
SEAlifer
Established Contributor

@KJinNC wrote:

I would say it's about 5 to 1 that I don't get it, but, I'm rooting for me too Smiley Wink

Thanks, and I'll update the thread when I get a result.

Can't wait to hear. I have a young file as well so I'm interested to see how they respond to your app.

AU

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.