Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ducks Unlimited with low account age/high inquiries

tag
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

Re: Ducks Unlimited with low account age/high inquiries

🤞🏻🤞🏻 Rooting for you too OP... ... ... Shuckey Duckey Quack Quack!!! 🦆 🦆

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 11 of 18
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

tough card to get depending on how many inquiries you have on Exp in last 6-12 months among many other factors.  People with 800+ scores and long profiles get shot down alot for this card due to credit seeking on experian.. I am a serious credit seeker, but only had 1 or 2 hps in last year on Experian is how i scored a killer 15k limit on card and score was 800ish.  Best of luck

Message 12 of 18
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

tough card to get depending on how many inquiries you have on Exp in last 6-12 months among many other factors.  People with 800+ scores and long profiles get shot down alot for this card due to credit seeking on experian.. I am a serious credit seeker, but only had 1 or 2 hps in last year on Experian is how i scored a killer 15k limit on card and score was 800ish.  Best of luck

CC you are abosolutly correct, but I was an outlier. 

I apped on 8/20 and got the verification call today. 

Got a bit of a talking to about my inqs (80+). She was sure it was fraud.

i didn’t sweettalk anything, 

her: Why so many inquiries?! Is it fraud?

Me: (chuckling) I’ll cop to those. Just having fun trying to get better cards. Also have a business that i’m Working up credit lines for also.

In the end I was approved for 10k!

TU 804 

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 13 of 18
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

I got an email about 10 minutes ago saying "we have reached a decision on your application," with a button to click to see status. I clicked that, entered zip, last four of SSN, and phone number, and it says the same thing it has said since I applied, "pending." I guess the system just hasn't updated status yet. But, sounds like a denial to me, because if it was an approval, I would have gotten welcome info. Will update again when it's official.

Edit: It's official - denied. :/

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could call # from backdoor thread and they will tell you.
Message 15 of 18
SEAlifer
Established Contributor

@KJinNC wrote:

I got an email about 10 minutes ago saying "we have reached a decision on your application," with a button to click to see status. I clicked that, entered zip, last four of SSN, and phone number, and it says the same thing it has said since I applied, "pending." I guess the system just hasn't updated status yet. But, sounds like a denial to me, because if it was an approval, I would have gotten welcome info. Will update again when it's official.

Oh well, maybe next time Smiley Wink

AU

Message 16 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@SEAlifer wrote:

@KJinNC wrote:

Oh well, maybe next time Smiley Wink

Yup, definitely a gamble, but at least the OP has more info on what to expect from FNBO. 

Message 17 of 18
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

Yep, it was a longshot, but you never know. I've gotten some surprisingly good results and some surprisingly bad ones, so far in my build/rebuild.

And now, I think I have no reason to do anything but garden for at least six months, since the only two cards I still want for now are DU, and a Chase card (and I'm over 5/24 until 2021). Maybe some CLI requests will be HP, but otherwise, time to garden.

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.