cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EO UPDATE: Cap one never ending blacklist??

tag
outofcredit
Established Contributor

Re: Cap one never ending blacklist??

@jonnyc wrote:

hm interesting. eo called back. different person, he's going to look into it. But heres the thing, he said I had 4 charged off accounts with them. I've only had 3 accounts ever opened. 2 opened on the same day that I combined and then one more that was opened 6 months after. He confirmed the last 4 of both accounts I did have, the 3rd that was combined wasn’t listed. However he said there are 2 more. These aren’t mine and don’t show on my reports. He said he's looking into it and will call back in a week. I’m interested to see what these other 2 accounts are because I believe that is the issue I’m having. He said he was familiar with the 1 year post charge off and doesn’t see why I’m having the issue. Also couldn’t open the account details since it was so old. I’m wondering whose accounts these are…?

OP, could these "unrecognized" accounts be something that was originally issued by a different lender and "acquired" by Capital One?  My old closed Capital One accounts include a card that was originally an Orchard Bank credit card that was acquired by Capital One and re-issued by them.  Just a thought.  Hope all works out for you!

Instead of waiting for the storm to pass, I've learned to dance in the rain.
Message 11 of 15
jonnyc
Regular Contributor

Oops I forgot to include that. I spoke with recovery. The other 2 accounts were actually the same accounts I had just under a “routing number” as they called it. So it was my 2 accounts that just showed up twice
Bk Chp. 7 Discharged 04/13/2018
Date of filing: 01/11/2018
Message 12 of 15
jonnyc
Regular Contributor

Well I've gotten answers, but no solutions. Pretty much the rule is 1 year post charge off, which for me would have been 11/2018. My acct was charged off in 11/2017 and I filed bk in 01/2018. Up until 11/2018 I got a message stating the recent capital one charge off with no pulls. Then ever since then, I still get no pulls, but this reason "

Based on your application information ,we observed activity on a prior Capital One account that is not consistent with our expectations for account usage or the terms of the account agreement". Basically capital one is saying my account was closed due to a returned payment and thats the reason I still can't open a new account. They basically said the only way I could maybe open one is to pay them back what was discharged. Anyone have any DP to opening a new cap one account after one was closed by them for a returned payment..? I really just wanna get back in with them..

Message 13 of 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

OP, it sounds like something is coded on the backend systems for the charged off account with the returned payment, which from the information you shared in your update, appears like you're back to square one.

If there are any IT or system limitations that prevent any changes or modifications to a previously charged off account, especially given the timeframe, then there's not much that can be done.

Are you willing to invest more effort or time than what it's worth? Your call/choice of course.

Is there anything that Capital One offers that other lenders would not be able to fulfill, especially from a rebuild perspective?
Message 14 of 15
jonnyc
Regular Contributor

My only other options are 1) Barclays (apple Visa or other "easier card") never IIB'd Barclay’s so that’s a step. However, I'm not really looking for at the moment because of the number of new accounts I have. I was going to wait till April for that. 2) I'd also like to get back with discover, but they still reference the status of a prior account. 3) Even if in a few months my Nordstroms got a cli and converted to visa, I'd be happy with that for the time being.

I feel as if I've already tried all the options I've had with cap one especially after the past 2 months with the EO. And I'm not sure how long this blacklist will be. I was mainly interested in them since I know it'd grow pretty quickly over time. Overall I need to find a card with a decent enough limit to use for everyday purchases. Right now I'm mainly using my WF secured, but there aren't any rewards and I'd really hope that it un secures in a normal time frame so I can PC to the propel.

It's just frustrating since it seems that Cap One is usually very forgiving, but not in this case. I will note however, before the 1 year mark I was not able to obtain any store cards with cap one yet after the 1 year, I've gotten Neiman Marcus and Saks 5th. They also pre-qualed me for an auto loan. So it seems they aren't completely shutting me out just the bankcard portion. If anyone has had capital one closed due to a retunred payment, please let me know if you were able to get back in and how long!!! Smiley Happy 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.