Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eddie Bauer (Comenity) CL Ceiling

tag
mgood
Valued Contributor

Eddie Bauer (Comenity) CL Ceiling

When I recieved my most recent CLI on my Comenity Eddie Bauer card, I grumped about it only being another $120, raising my limit from $3880 to $4000.

Just to see what would happen, I hit the button again. I got a letter from Comenity saying "We received your recent request for an increased credit limit. Because the EDDIE BAUER credit card account program does not currently offer credit limits higher than your account's current limit, we are unable to approve your request at this time. Your credit limit remains $4,000."

Interesting. Not that I really need a higher limit on a card I use for three or four hundred a year, but I've never had a company tell me I was at the max limit.

(I don't know if this should be here or in the Credit Cards forum. It pertains to a CLI request, so I put it here.)

Starting Score: EQ8 680, TU8 713, EX8 701
Current Score: EQ8 778, TU8 766, EX8 770 as of April 24
Goal Score: EQ8 780, TU8 780, EX8 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
AZE4 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 3/6, 4/12, 7/24
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: Eddie Bauer (Comenity) CL Ceiling

Comenity will tell you. When I had my Express card, I had hit the max of 3k I believe.  

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 2 of 4
RehabbingANDBlabbing
Established Contributor

This is good to know. I currently have the Uta credit card. I haven't gotten a CLI yet (likely because it's a new account), but I also am wondering if this card will ever upgrade from the store card to the Mastercard version. But I am curious if the limit is higher for Ulta or even if the store card or Mastercard have different limit caps. Supposedly, there is a World MC version, which would probably have at least a $5k limit, I would imagine, but you never know!

Message 3 of 4
SDMarik
Established Contributor

@mgood wrote:

When I recieved my most recent CLI on my Comenity Eddie Bauer card, I grumped about it only being another $120, raising my limit from $3880 to $4000.

Just to see what would happen, I hit the button again. I got a letter from Comenity saying "We received your recent request for an increased credit limit. Because the EDDIE BAUER credit card account program does not currently offer credit limits higher than your account's current limit, we are unable to approve your request at this time. Your credit limit remains $4,000."

Interesting. Not that I really need a higher limit on a card I use for three or four hundred a year, but I've never had a company tell me I was at the max limit.

(I don't know if this should be here or in the Credit Cards forum. It pertains to a CLI request, so I put it here.)

I have a Comenity card with $9k limit, so as an issuer they will definately go higher. Its interesting that a brand partner would have influence over the limit cap on an issuers card. I wonder what the reason for this is, hopefully someone can chime in. It seems that they would want people spending as much as they can, seeing as they have limited (or zero?) risk, as the store.

"When prosperity comes, do not use all of it"
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.