Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evansville Teachers Federal Credit Union

tag
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Evansville Teachers Federal Credit Union

Hi all,

I was doing a little reserach on credit unions and wanted a TU puller as most big names pull EQ (needs a breather) Smiley Surprised . Pulled up the old "archives" thread on the credit unions. Evansville & Andrews caught my attention for both being a TU and sp for membership with a small donation. There is a card I have my eye on with a low rate at evansville and needed some data points if anyone could share.

Are they new account/inquiry sensitive?

Will they frown upon tons of available credit? As most credit unions do.

Which Fico version do they use for best rates?

Do they require POI for products?

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Evansville Teachers Federal Credit Union

Of the 2, Andrews is more conservative and much more so if you have excessive available credit or too many inquiries or recently opened accounts. They *could* request POI, but YEMV.

Evansville seems a bit more 'relaxed', but they can still deny the CC application if your membership history with them is fairly short.

As far as which FICO version(s) they use, sorry that I can't elaborate on that as I just apply regardless of which version they use. Someone else can chime in on that 😉
Message 2 of 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Just a headups use to belong to evansville but since closed.. Anyways was a recent DP from another person they frowned upon and ultimately turned someone down for a CC with good scores for opening an account and applying for a CC immediately afterwards..   From that dp they said they wanted to see 6 months history with person as a member before CC would be issued.

Message 3 of 10
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
Of the 2, Andrews is more conservative and much more so if you have excessive available credit or too many inquiries or recently opened accounts. They *could* request POI, but YEMV.

Evansville seems a bit more 'relaxed', but they can still deny the CC application if your membership history with them is fairly short.

As far as which FICO version(s) they use, sorry that I can't elaborate on that as I just apply regardless of which version they use. Someone else can chime in on that 😉

Thanks Finstar for the reply! Speaking of Andrews, it looks like thier process to gain membership is going to be a tad more difficult compared to ETFCU. They are already requesting me to sign a permission form  to prceed with verification, along with needing access to "other" credit fles I would assume, chex, lexus nexus etc. I think I wil pass on them and concentrte my interests to ETFCU. Smiley Wink

Just the fact they pull TU is a breath of fresh IME.

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 4 of 10
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Just a headups use to belong to evansville but since closed.. Anyways was a recent DP from another person they frowned upon and ultimately turned someone down for a CC with good scores for opening an account and applying for a CC immediately afterwards..   From that dp they said they wanted to see 6 months history with person as a member before CC would be issued.

Thanks CC for this valuable info! I was just going to do the very exact same thing lol!. Get the membership head for a b---line for the credit product. Smiley Happy  So if have happen to get membership with them without an hassle I think I will sit on it for awhile and hit them up later down the road.

What made you close accounts? Bad experience?

Message 5 of 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@credit_endurance wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Thanks CC for this valuable info! I was just going to do the very exact same thing lol!. Get the membership head for a b---line for the credit product. Smiley Happy  So if have happen to get membership with them without an hassle I think I will sit on it for awhile and hit them up later down the road.

What made you close accounts? Bad experience?

They were actually very nice people and a great FI.. I planned on going for a CC at one point with them, but overall i was just overloaded with FI's and decided to close a slew of them at one point as didnt want to keep track of things that could go wrong as have tons of CC and also FI's and just wanted to pair down a few in retro spect I would of left them open actually along with alliant, but what done is done.  They wanted another Chex's pull to re-open when i inquiried upon it and wasnt ready to give one up at that time as have a slew of chexs pulls currently.  On a positive side I dont remember them hp'ing TU for CU access as believe that was just a sp if i recall correctly.

Message 6 of 10
britt585
Regular Contributor

hi I was also thinking about applying for membership and CC...good luck to noth of us...lol

Message 7 of 10
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@britt585 wrote:

hi I was also thinking about applying for membership and CC...good luck to noth of us...lol

Smiley Very Happy I know right lol! Who wants to go first??? I mean I could put the dp's to the test by going full in and trying to nab both. Especially if you have a pull to burn. Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@credit_endurance wrote:

@britt585 wrote:

Smiley Very Happy I know right lol! Who wants to go first??? I mean I could put the dp's to the test by going full in and trying to nab both. Especially if you have a pull to burn. Smiley Wink

Well, our community always welcomes GPs Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 10
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@credit_endurance wrote:

@britt585 wrote:

Well, our community always welcomes GPs Smiley Happy

Smiley Very Happy Very tempting indeed!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.