Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian 640 to 728 over night

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian 640 to 728 over night

So I woke up this morning to Experian notifying me that my only baddie that was PIF was deleted by DFAS from my CR. I immedietly went to AMEX prequal site and got nothing. Its the only bankcard I want until 2017 as I have BofA, Discover, Cap1. Should I wait for an AMEX prequal? My AAoA is 18 months due to the old chargeoff being deleted. Have a completely clean report with 7 student loans reporting plus 2 cap1 cards, Discover, BofA and a LOC from PENFED (not using).

Need advice

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Experian 640 to 728 over night

@Anonymous wrote:

So I woke up this morning to Experian notifying me that my only baddie that was PIF was deleted by DFAS from my CR. I immedietly went to AMEX prequal site and got nothing. Its the only bankcard I want until 2017 as I have BofA, Discover, Cap1. Should I wait for an AMEX prequal? My AAoA is 18 months due to the old chargeoff being deleted. Have a completely clean report with 7 student loans reporting plus 2 cap1 cards, Discover, BofA and a LOC from PENFED (not using).

Need advice

No you shouldn't wait for a prequalification to show up from Amex, it may take months. When you apply they'll get your current EX score.

(BTW.... congratulations Smiley Happy)

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 2 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Need advice

No you shouldn't wait for a prequalification to show up from Amex, it may take months. When you apply they'll get your current EX score.

Thank you, WHich AMEX cards should I apply for? I am really not caring about signup bonuses, just wanting an in with AMEX.

Message 3 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I apped for the BCP and was instantly denied. I guess I will wait to see whats on the letter or should I call?

Message 4 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ugh that sucks. I was just approved for the BCE. I don't know much about recon with them. Hopefully someone chimes in soon. (FWIW, I did have pre-qual offers)

Message 5 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome news, thats the kind of boost I am hoping for. 

Message 6 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ugh that sucks. I was just approved for the BCE. I don't know much about recon with them. Hopefully someone chimes in soon. (FWIW, I did have pre-qual offers)

Yes very much so. I called the CSR team in India and requested a reconsideration. The online status has changed to "in progress", so lets hope for the best but expect the worst. I suspect this decision was based on my CR from March. 

Message 7 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Awesome news, thats the kind of boost I am hoping for. 

Yea it felt great to wake up to this great news. I cant wait for TU and EQ to update. I suspect I will be over 750 on TU and maybe 740 on EQ if I get the same results as I got with EX.

Message 8 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes very much so. I called the CSR team in India and requested a reconsideration. The online status has changed to "in progress", so lets hope for the best but expect the worst. I suspect this decision was based on my CR from March. 

I'm wishing you the best of luck! 

Message 9 of 34
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Need advice

Thank you, WHich AMEX cards should I apply for? I am really not caring about signup bonuses, just wanting an in with AMEX.

I would have suggested the Delta Sky Miles as it seems to be the one I see the most here on the forum as far as easier underwriting standards.  Best of luck in your recon and please do post the results.  

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.