tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian 640 to 728 over night

@Loquat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So I woke up this morning to Experian notifying me that my only baddie that was PIF was deleted by DFAS from my CR. I immedietly went to AMEX prequal site and got nothing. Its the only bankcard I want until 2017 as I have BofA, Discover, Cap1. Should I wait for an AMEX prequal? My AAoA is 18 months due to the old chargeoff being deleted. Have a completely clean report with 7 student loans reporting plus 2 cap1 cards, Discover, BofA and a LOC from PENFED (not using).

Need advice

No you shouldn't wait for a prequalification to show up from Amex, it may take months. When you apply they'll get your current EX score.

(BTW.... congratulations Smiley Happy)

Thank you, WHich AMEX cards should I apply for? I am really not caring about signup bonuses, just wanting an in with AMEX.

I would have suggested the Delta Sky Miles as it seems to be the one I see the most here on the forum as far as easier underwriting standards.  Best of luck in your recon and please do post the results.  

I will 100% keep you posted. Can I go ahead and apply for the Delta or do I have to wait 30 days?

Message 11 of 34
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

If you got denied, I would wait. You are only racking up inquiries when you don’t know what the problem is. Call them and try to recon the BCE first and see if they can give you a reason for the denial.

Edit: nevermind, I see you already called to recon. I would wait that out.  

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 12 of 34
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Loquat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So I woke up this morning to Experian notifying me that my only baddie that was PIF was deleted by DFAS from my CR. I immedietly went to AMEX prequal site and got nothing. Its the only bankcard I want until 2017 as I have BofA, Discover, Cap1. Should I wait for an AMEX prequal? My AAoA is 18 months due to the old chargeoff being deleted. Have a completely clean report with 7 student loans reporting plus 2 cap1 cards, Discover, BofA and a LOC from PENFED (not using).

Need advice

No you shouldn't wait for a prequalification to show up from Amex, it may take months. When you apply they'll get your current EX score.

(BTW.... congratulations Smiley Happy)

Thank you, WHich AMEX cards should I apply for? I am really not caring about signup bonuses, just wanting an in with AMEX.

I would have suggested the Delta Sky Miles as it seems to be the one I see the most here on the forum as far as easier underwriting standards.  Best of luck in your recon and please do post the results.  

I will 100% keep you posted. Can I go ahead and apply for the Delta or do I have to wait 30 days?

No just wait. Don't apply for another card while the other app is pending.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 13 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed. They'll instantly deny you for any app that was just denied. So wait to see if this recon was successful. If not, try in 30 days.
Message 14 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

After 30 days if you want to apply again, apply for one of their charge cards and do a 2-for-1 with the BCP. Charge cards are generally easier to get approved for since you PIF every month, and even if you get denied again for the BCP, it will only be a SP since you will be a AmEx member by then. If you get approved for BCP, there will only be 1 HP if you app right after the charge card.

Message 15 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

After 30 days if you want to apply again, apply for one of their charge cards and do a 2-for-1 with the BCP. Charge cards are generally easier to get approved for since you PIF every month, and even if you get denied again for the BCP, it will only be a SP since you will be a AmEx member by then. If you get approved for BCP, there will only be 1 HP if you app right after the charge card.

Thank you very much for the information. I will do exactly that.

Message 16 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

No problem! Once my EX score went up to 698, I did a 2-for-1 with the PRG card followed by BCP. Got instant approval for PRG, and the 14 day email message for BCP, but a few minutes after I received another email saying BCP was also approved!
Message 17 of 34
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

I was denied with a 731 Ex a few weeks ago, Chase approved me though and I like them more. Guess Amex just do not like my file Smiley Surprised
Message 18 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditplz wrote:
I was denied with a 731 Ex a few weeks ago, Chase approved me though and I like them more. Guess Amex just do not like my file Smiley Surprised

Honestly between me, you and the fence post, i am not a fan of foreign CSR's. I think its a terrible practice. Discover, BofA, Cap1, USAA and PenFed CSR's are all from the states and that makes me feel comfortable. 

I also cancelled my Amazon Prime account due to being transferred to the Phillipines, Mexico and India when I had an order issue. All of those transfers are from one call. Whats happening to America?

Message 19 of 34
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

I agree!!! It's irritating when I'm paying my wife's Platinum bill and I keep having to ask them to repeat themselves. I like Chase!! Every time I call I can hear, they're polite, and very helpful!
Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.