Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian 640 to 728 over night

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Experian 640 to 728 over night

@Anonymous wrote:

After 30 days if you want to apply again, apply for one of their charge cards and do a 2-for-1 with the BCP. Charge cards are generally easier to get approved for since you PIF every month, and even if you get denied again for the BCP, it will only be a SP since you will be a AmEx member by then. If you get approved for BCP, there will only be 1 HP if you app right after the charge card.

I disagree. Not every one needs a charge card; I have one and it's been mostly useless to me.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 21 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditplz wrote:
I was denied with a 731 Ex a few weeks ago, Chase approved me though and I like them more. Guess Amex just do not like my file Smiley Surprised

Honestly between me, you and the fence post, i am not a fan of foreign CSR's. I think its a terrible practice. Discover, BofA, Cap1, USAA and PenFed CSR's are all from the states and that makes me feel comfortable. 

I also cancelled my Amazon Prime account due to being transferred to the Phillipines, Mexico and India when I had an order issue. All of those transfers are from one call. Whats happening to America?

This is so true. I've just gotten both a Discover and AMEX. I've only dealt with Discover CS and you're right, it's great. Reading all about AMEX foreign CSR makes me nervous...but I do have a Chase too so sounds like they're here as well. 

Message 22 of 34
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Great way to start a Friday. congrats

Message 23 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

After 30 days if you want to apply again, apply for one of their charge cards and do a 2-for-1 with the BCP. Charge cards are generally easier to get approved for since you PIF every month, and even if you get denied again for the BCP, it will only be a SP since you will be a AmEx member by then. If you get approved for BCP, there will only be 1 HP if you app right after the charge card.

I disagree. Not every one needs a charge card; I have one and it's been mostly useless to me.

True that not everyone may need a charge card, I have a PRG that I won't have use for once I get my sign up bonus (will probably close it before the end of it's 2nd year before the AF kicks in), but I apped for it to make sure I got in with AmEx in case my BCP app was denied, which is the card I really wanted.

I'm saying this a safer approach to getting approved for a revolver if you are getting denied for them because charge cards are usually easier to get approved for vs. revolvers. If you get approved for a charge card and whether you get approved/denied for a revolver, the revoler app won't be another HP if you do 2-for-1.

Most importantly, this gets you in with AmEx and makes it safer to app for a revolver since all denials will only be SPs once you are an AmEx member. You can always close the charge card before the AF hits if you don't use it.

Message 24 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't wait.  I never get those pre qualified offers.  I just cold app.  I'm sure you would have no problem.  Smiley Wink

Message 25 of 34
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

True that not everyone may need a charge card, I have a PRG that I won't have use for once I get my sign up bonus (will probably close it before the end of it's 2nd year before the AF kicks in), but I apped for it to make sure I got in with AmEx in case my BCP app was denied, which is the card I really wanted.

I'm saying this a safer approach to getting approved for a revolver if you are getting denied for them because charge cards are usually easier to get approved for vs. revolvers. If you get approved for a charge card and whether you get approved/denied for a revolver, the revoler app won't be another HP if you do 2-for-1.

Most importantly, this gets you in with AmEx and makes it safer to app for a revolver since all denials will only be SPs once you are an AmEx member. You can always close the charge card before the AF hits if you don't use it.

... ah so that's what you mean by 'in with Amex'. I wasn't sure what you meant by that because I've been 'in' with Amex for several years but they wouldn't give me the sweat off their nose.

You mean "in" in the sense that if you apply for another Amex card and get denied, it will only be a 'soft pull' for any further denials. Yes, I guess there is an advantage to being "in" with Amex after all.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 26 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ugh that sucks. I was just approved for the BCE. I don't know much about recon with them. Hopefully someone chimes in soon. (FWIW, I did have pre-qual offers)

Yes very much so. I called the CSR team in India and requested a reconsideration. The online status has changed to "in progress", so lets hope for the best but expect the worst. I suspect this decision was based on my CR from March. 

Good luck.

Message 27 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
No problem! Once my EX score went up to 698, I did a 2-for-1 with the PRG card followed by BCP. Got instant approval for PRG, and the 14 day email message for BCP, but a few minutes after I received another email saying BCP was also approved!

I was approved for Amex with an EX score of 698 for BCE with 18000 and BCP with 12000

Message 28 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
No problem! Once my EX score went up to 698, I did a 2-for-1 with the PRG card followed by BCP. Got instant approval for PRG, and the 14 day email message for BCP, but a few minutes after I received another email saying BCP was also approved!

I was approved for Amex with an EX score of 698 for BCE with 18000 and BCP with 12000

Thanks for rubbing salt in my wounds guys Smiley Very Happy

Message 29 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for rubbing salt in my wounds guys Smiley Very Happy

Haha ur welcome but my last app was about 6 months ago. Got the 2 Amex about 7 weeks ago. Within last week got 7 new account and a new car loan Smiley Happy 

Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.