Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FINALLY A NAVY FEDERAL MEMBER!!! WELL...NOT QUITE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FINALLY A NAVY FEDERAL MEMBER!!! WELL...NOT QUITE

So after working and working to get a membership (sister had to join first) i applied for the savings and checking and it went to review for whatever reason. Hopefully everything will be fine and i can then apply for the CLOC and cash rewards credit card?

My scores aren't great my eq is currently 617 on fico so i dont expect an approval will probably have to recon. I have a few questions and i will keep this post updated as i hear news to maybe help other people.

1.) Should i apply for CC then wait and try and get an approval then immediately try for CLOC or does that matter (i understand it is different departments)

2.) Do i need to have anything in checking or utilize direct deposit to make use of the CLOC?

3.) Do i have anything to worry about in regards to membership?

Thank you creditaddict for helping me get to this point!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Re: FINALLY A NAVY FEDERAL MEMBER!!! WELL...NOT QUITE

If you joined through a legitimate source then you have nothing to worry about as far as membership. They are probably just dotting all their i's and crossing all their t's. it doesn't matter in what succession you apply for CLOC or cash rewards, you will incur a HP for each credit product you apply for so keep that in mind. You'd be surprised that you may not need recon and get approved instantly with your scores, it is not unrealistic. As far as having funds in a checking account for the CLOC, im not sure it is necessary because I keep money in there regardless. Good Luck with you membership. 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok well i will hopefully get the membership finalized today or tomorrow, i could care less about the inquiries as i dont see a legitimate reason for applying for anything after this for a long while...then again, i have said that before. i just worry about the CLOC because i had a friend who is in the military and cant get an account anymore because of inactivity

Message 3 of 5
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So after working and working to get a membership (sister had to join first) i applied for the savings and checking and it went to review for whatever reason. Hopefully everything will be fine and i can then apply for the CLOC and cash rewards credit card?

My scores aren't great my eq is currently 617 on fico so i dont expect an approval will probably have to recon. I have a few questions and i will keep this post updated as i hear news to maybe help other people.

1.) Should i apply for CC then wait and try and get an approval then immediately try for CLOC or does that matter (i understand it is different departments)

2.) Do i need to have anything in checking or utilize direct deposit to make use of the CLOC?

3.) Do i have anything to worry about in regards to membership?

Thank you creditaddict for helping me get to this point!

My scores were not great when I apped for the credit card a couple years ago.....my scores were all in the 520's and I was approved with a SL of $5000, but I was with the credit union since I was 12 years old and I am now in my mid 50's. I had messed my credit up when I was young and dumb, and was denied every time I tried to get any store cards. Then I decided to try to get a real card, and was shocked to get the Sig Visa from NFCU. Since then I have gotten approved for quite a few cards and my score is up 150 points.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

that is awesome! i hope it doesnt take my membership 6 weeks like it had with someone else on here

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.