cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO Rewards Pre-Qual App Data Points (UPDATE: DENIED)

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: fnbo Rewards Pre-Qual App (Pending)

@Dp23 wrote:

Update: Declined a few minutes ago. It's ok I got 11k combined from Discover for the IT card & Cap1 for the Savor One last two months.

Well, bummer @Dp23. Sorry to hear the application wasn't approved. Just give things time and you can try it again in the future when things are more optimal -- if you wish to pursue it down the road.  Be sure to post the reasons they provide so that others can learn from your recent experience.

Message 291 of 331
Dp23
Regular Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Dp23 wrote:

Update: Declined a few minutes ago. It's ok I got 11k combined from Discover for the IT card & Cap1 for the Savor One last two months.

Well, bummer @Dp23. Sorry to hear the application wasn't approved. Just give things time and you can try it again in the future when things are more optimal -- if you wish to pursue it down the road.  Be sure to post the reasons they provide so that others can learn from your recent experience.

Oh absolutely I have 5 cards right now & probably didn't need another one.

Message 292 of 331
Dp23
Regular Contributor

Application was denied because address couldn't be verified. No big deal I call recon & changed my address with the underwriter just for her to enter the correct address but wrong city & state. Decision stands & was told to reapply with correct address. Yeah um no thanks I'll pass.

Message 293 of 331
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Dp23 wrote:

Application was denied because address couldn't be verified. No big deal I call recon & changed my address with the underwriter just for her to enter the correct address but wrong city & state. Decision stands & was told to reapply with correct address. Yeah um no thanks I'll pass.

@Dp23, Sorry for your denial, I had just responded to your message, on another thread.

You can scratch that off.

Message 294 of 331
Crowhelm
Established Contributor

@Hex wrote:

It looks like 18.24% is the lowest APR they offer for this card. I've only made one previous FNBO application . I got denied for the Overstock MasterCard when they used to have it but that was about 4 years ago. I was ticked so I closed my Overstock store card and I haven't shopped there since. I don't really hold grudges that long but the site seems overpriced to me and I can never find any discount codes for that site. But I digress, I do think this is probably a fairly solid preapproval. I can't apply because I'm not currently taking on any new accounts (I refuse to use the "G" word). Maybe others will take the plunge. 

1FBC38FF-FCDB-416C-87AE-167B4CBC3ED9.jpeg

Yeah, and I got that as well but who cares, right? Not smart to use credit cards to have long-term debt anyway, unless it is a promotional low, low rate, or even 0%. The card itself is excellent. Running most of our transactions through it right now at an unlimited 2%. Did not flinch at 5K plus transactions either which is important to me. As far as the pre-approval goes. I got exactly what was offered but I hear results vary.

Message 295 of 331
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got pre-authed for $15k and they actually approved and mailed out the card within 2 days. I got the card 10 days later. Just applied for thier business card, got pre auth for $13.5k but app is still pending and they hit me with another inquiry. 

Message 296 of 331
lgtwriter
Frequent Contributor

I received my fnbo card Monday and I am already using it as my daily driver for miscellaneous charges I can't get better points for elsewhere. The card was easy to set up online and for those that have not done the preapproval to approval to card arrival process yet, I received exactly what the preapproval said I would (15k at 18.something interest). My approval was an instant approval. (I posted a thread on this if you want more data points)

I am happy with the card.

Message 297 of 331
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FNBO Rewards Pre-Qual App Data Points (UPDATE: DENIED)

So is this card legit?

i got pre-approved for 15K.  

im done gardening and going to apply for 2 new cards.  id prefer if this was one because of the high limit, but the lender seems sketchy to me

Message 298 of 331
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

So is this card legit?

im done gardening and going to apply for 2 new cards.  id prefer if this was one because of the high limit, but the lender seems sketchy to me

Plenty of DPs upthread if you review them @Anonymous. Keep in mind, it is not a "pre-approved" offer, the portal is a pre-qualified tool so it is not 100% guaranteed. You'll see approvals and denials regardless what the tool offers, profile-specific of course. Just read upthread.

Message 299 of 331
Crowhelm
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So is this card legit?

It's legit to my wife and me. The most used card we have just because it is unlimited everything. Since then we both got the Citi Custom Cash and my wife got the Freedom Flex. So it will get a bit less use now but still a solid card. Pre-approval was exactly what I got. And they don't flinch making 5k+ purchases which is great.

Message 300 of 331
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.