DISCOVER FORM 4506-T???

tag
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: FORM 4506-T???

@Anonymous wrote:

@Velar_nyc19 wrote:

Yes indeed I did call. They said they are doing this with old and new accounts accross the board, they just want to verify the income.

Well if Disco wants to lose all their customers, maybe. I would never submit this form (and I actually couldn’t even if I wanted to because I don’t file taxes due to my income being exempt from them). 

I am just having an extremely hard time believing that this will happen across the board. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 21 of 361
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Velar_nyc19 wrote:

Yes indeed I did call. They said they are doing this with old and new accounts accross the board, they just want to verify the income.

Well if Disco wants to lose all their customers, maybe. I would never submit this form (and I actually couldn’t even if I wanted to because I don’t file taxes due to my income being exempt from them). 

I am just having an extremely hard time believing that this will happen across the board. 

So am I. The fact that the rep tried to tell the OP that they are doing so is laughable at best. If a rep would have said that to me, I would have ruined their day with my response and subsequent escalation of the call. Don’t try to lie to me, it never ends well. 

Message 22 of 361
Velar_nyc19
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Velar_nyc19 wrote:

So am I. The fact that the rep tried to tell the OP that they are doing so is laughable at best. If a rep would have said that to me, I would have ruined their day with my response and subsequent escalation of the call. Don’t try to lie to me, it never ends well. 

So you guys saying i should have not signed the consent to send them my tax transcript ? Was it a mistake ? Why would they lie ?

Message 23 of 361
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Velar_nyc19 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Velar_nyc19 wrote:

So you guys saying i should have not signed the consent to send them my tax transcript ? Was it a mistake ? Why would they lie ?

OP, we're saying this is the first time we've seen a request for tax transcripts on a secured card

I think more than anything, we're curious what prompted it on their end 

As far whether you should have given them the permission or not, that's a personal decision. Some people are strongly against it, some don't mind. I guess it depends on a need. 

Don't worry about that part, it's just the matter of opinions. 

If this particular card will help you and you don't mind them having those tax returns, that's all that matters. 

Message 24 of 361
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Velar_nyc19 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Velar_nyc19 wrote:

Customer service reps usually lie when they think it will avoid a customer getting upset and going off on them. Its much less upsetting to hear "we are doing this to everyone" than "well something about your application triggered this so this is what we have to do" -- the former leads to more acceptance while the latter can range from further questions to outrage.

As Remedios says, you will find a range of opinions on this forum when it comes to filling out these forms. Its all about what you're comfortable with in the end, there is no right or wrong answer.

Message 25 of 361
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Velar_nyc19 wrote:

I think the same process can be used to get the IRS to verify that no form was filed (and of course the issuer can then decide what to do with that!)   But as you wouldn't comply anyway....

Message 26 of 361
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Velar_nyc19 wrote:

I think the same process can be used to get the IRS to verify that no form was filed (and of course the issuer can then decide what to do with that!)   But as you wouldn't comply anyway....

But what exactly would the benefit of that be?

And I’m honest about my status up front. If they allow you to choose disabled, I choose disabled. If they don’t, I choose retired (I confirmed that either is acceptable since I’m on a fixed income either way which is considered stable income). I put down the exact amount and I have handed over my SSDI award letter when asked for it. 

Its just like giving ongoing access to my bank accounts — too intrusive for a credit card. If they really want that info, they can pull a EWS report as I’m sure my bank submits all of that info anyway. 🤷‍♂️ 

Message 27 of 361
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the same email yesterday, along with the request for a copy of my drivers license for a $1000 Secured Discover Card. I felt it was a bit weird that they’d use past tax info to verify “now” income. Especially since I’ve been at this job for about 6 months and haven’t filed Taxes with this job yet.
Message 28 of 361
Velar_nyc19
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I got the same email yesterday, along with the request for a copy of my drivers license for a $1000 Secured Discover Card. I felt it was a bit weird that they’d use past tax info to verify “now” income. Especially since I’ve been at this job for about 6 months and haven’t filed Taxes with this job yet.

Im guessing im not the only one this has happened to then. Im sorry to hear about that. I already signed the documents and im waiting to hear back from them, im assuming this is indeed a new thing they are doing like they said on the phone for all accounts.

Message 29 of 361
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe they decided to require it for secured customers now. Seems a bit much.

Message 30 of 361
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.